£3.75 Sainsbury's Pepperoni Pizza Ad

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited October 2013 in The cake stop
If I get one more of those adds I'm likely to buy one of the aforementioned pizza's and post it to the advertising people at BikeRadar :wink:

Even bad locker does not deal with it :evil:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Will find out when I get home.

Doing my head in here. :evil:

I might have to resort to doing some work. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • arran77
    It's a pain in the arse on a PC so I reckon on the iPad I'll be throwing the fecker out the window :evil:

It does look quite a nice pizza though :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Oi stop it! I only had an apple and nipple chocolate for lunch
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    This thread is a positive bonus as I was just about to create one myself :evil:
    These new style adverts are starting to get on my mammaries a bit. Every time you you try to click onto something the page drops 2 inches and the thread you were about to click on has disappeared off the page!
    I understand the forum needs the income, but this isn't really encouraging me to stay logged on :(
  • arran77
    Chocolate nipples.....

2s2f.jpg

nghaagghhhaaa

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    Not coming back till it goes away. :(

That'll make some people happy.

Sorry if that means you are stuck with it. :wink:
  • arran77
    daviesee wrote:
    Not coming back till it goes away. :(

That'll make some people happy.

Sorry if that means you are stuck with it. :wink:

I think that reverse physcology is gonna backfire daviesee :lol:

seanoconn
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    arran77 wrote:
    It's a pain in the ars* on a PC so I reckon on the iPad I'll be throwing the fecker out the window :evil:

Don't even try it on the IPad. :evil:
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    Zero ads for me.

Adblock Plus is the way forward.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • Ride hard wrote:
    Zero ads for me.

**Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them** Plus is the way forward.

dont mind ad's, but hate the way it jumps the screen down everytime you change page
  • arran77
    Ride hard wrote:
    Zero ads for me.

**Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them** Plus is the way forward.

You'd be whining if you had this feckin Sainsbury's ad :wink:

seanoconn
  • Ride hard
    arran77 wrote:
    Ride hard wrote:
    Zero ads for me.

Not my comment, guv. I just got a slap on the wrist from a mod.
  • £3.75 is well expensive for that. Cheaper at Tesco.
  • arran77
    Ride hard wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Ride hard wrote:
    Zero ads for me.

Not my comment, guv. I just got a slap on the wrist from a mod.

What for :shock:

seanoconn
  • Ride hard
    Well, granted I did give the name of software re not seeing ads (which in retrospect was a bit naughty), but nothing else really. And as you can see from the mods comments in asterisks I was 'whining' about said ads, which I fail to see from my comment about zero ads. Hey ho, I've learnt my lesson.

I blame Wiggle :)
  • arran77
    Ride hard wrote:
    Well, granted I did give the name of software re not seeing ads (which in retrospect was a bit naughty), but nothing else really. And as you can see from the mods comments in asterisks I was 'whining' about said ads, which I fail to see from my comment about zero ads. Hey ho, I've learnt my lesson.

I blame Wiggle :)

I see, I assumed that you'd written 'Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them', hence my comment to you, apologies :)

MODS - Airing an opinion has nothing to do with a lack of class, people will fully appreciate the need for ad's generating revenue to fund this place, no question of that what so ever, what gets peoples backs up are ad's that are overly intrusive and make navigating this place a pain, like the ones we've seen recently!!! These ad's are surely counter productive, the advertisers pay you for their ad's to be seen but if said ad's put people off coming here no one will see the ad's, daft no :roll:

seanoconn
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Don't get them on Chrome in work but have noticed them on my iPad at home. Strangely they seem to appear at random though, some pages I get them and then there's none again. They really mess up my viewing as the screen shrinks to accommodate them.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    arran77 wrote:
    MODS - Airing an opinion has nothing to do with a lack of class, people will fully appreciate the need for ad's generating revenue to fund this place, no question of that what so ever, what gets peoples backs up are ad's that are overly intrusive and make navigating this place a pain, like the ones we've seen recently!!! These ad's are surely counter productive, the advertisers pay you for their ad's to be seen but if said ad's put people off coming here no one will see the ad's, daft no :roll:

Reading through the modified comment I'd hazard a guess that the MOD was editing out the recommendation for a bit of software that blocks adverts ...

Like you say - what's putting people off is the intrusiveness of the advert - ultimately that will lead to them either blocking all adverts, boycotting certain advertisers or just leaving the forum for one that doesn't have the same level of advertising.

How about a PayperView option for users that eliminates adverts ... ;)
  • arran77
    Slowbike wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Reading through the modified comment I'd hazard a guess that the MOD was editing out the recommendation for a bit of software that blocks adverts ...

Like you say - what's putting people off is the intrusiveness of the advert - ultimately that will lead to them either blocking all adverts, boycotting certain advertisers or just leaving the forum for one that doesn't have the same level of advertising.

How about a PayperView option for users that eliminates adverts ... ;)

Yes, I believe bad locker was mentioned but it was the fact it was implied that by 'voicing your opinion you are a whiner', that I thought was a bit unnecessary! :wink:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    The screen is so Loused up that this post was meant for the tread 2 places down. :cry:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    No excuse for poor spelling though :-)
  • Mikey23
    I think the point has been made many times that no one has a prob with ads but the trend towards those that make iPads and other handhelds go into meltdown are a pain in the butt and perhaps need to reexamined.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I don't know what you're on about. It must be because of a tweak I gave my browser when those stupid ads started following me down the page.
  • daviesee
    Ahhhhhh! Thats better.

It will be a pain doing work though. Wheres the fun in that? :wink:

Please get the new style ads removed though.
    If its a choice of Bikeradar with the new ads, or no Bikeradar, I will opt for no Bikeradar.

No. Its not a psychology, its a statement. 8)
  • arran77
    daviesee wrote:
    Ahhhhhh! Thats better.

It will be a pain doing work though. Wheres the fun in that? :wink:

Please get the new style ads removed though.
    If its a choice of Bikeradar with the new ads, or no Bikeradar, I will opt for no Bikeradar.

No. Its not a psychology, its a statement. 8)

Yay daviesee, come the revolution brother I'm right with you :wink:

seanoconn
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    These ads are seriously counterproductive... they are annoying everyone, and I for one am now investigating advertising inhibiting add-ons :wink: I very much doubt that this is in the best interests of the advertisers or of Future Publishing - but if the ads damage the useability of the site then they have to go.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Mikey23
    If anyone knows a good app for the iPad that works I will use it ...
  • daviesee
    Mikey23 wrote:
    If anyone knows a good app for the iPad that works I will use it ...
    Try using Google. No names, no pack drill.... :wink:
    I might have found tips in the Apple Support for example but I don't have an iPad so can't verify how good they might be.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I just don't understand why people think that irritating you is a good way to buy your product. As far as the Pizzas go, I haven't been into a Supermarket since 2009 so they are wasting their efforts on me there. And then there is, I think, a Thai airline ad that wipes across the whole screen if you aren't careful. If I was more organised, I'd be writing a list down of organisations to ignore (except that the NHS is at it now! :lol: )

It would be nice if Bikeradar had a little respect for it's users as well. Otherwise I'll just have to try ad blocker or something similar again.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    I don't think the mods are actively pouncing on any mention of the Advertisement Blocker That Must Not Be Named, they've just set up an automated system that replaces the offending text with a sarcastic message. The problem is, much of the web is pretty horrible without something like this installed. Google-style text ads are tolerable, but the huge animated monstrosities some sites display are intensely distracting, while other ads have been used to distribute malware, even on respectable sites.