Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB beginners

types of riding on cube acid 29er 2014

dannys615dannys615 Posts: 15
edited October 2013 in MTB beginners
hi im new to mtb and was wondering what type off riding I can do on my new cube acid any help is appreciated I have been looking at gisburn forest and lee quarry as they are near to me

Posts

  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,599
    Mountain bike riding.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

    Parktools
  • dannys615 wrote:
    hi im new to mtb and was wondering what type off riding I can do on my new cube acid any help is appreciated I have been looking at gisburn forest and lee quarry as they are near to me

    you can do anything your brave/good enough to do
  • with being new to this I just wanna get stuck in so ill try anything the scars will probably be there to tell the stories but ohwell how do u think the bike will cope with tougher runs
  • slickmouseslickmouse Posts: 155
    edited October 2013
    are you now having second thought on your purchase
    is it this one ?

    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Acid-29-Mo ... _66692.htm
    if so, it looks really quite good and well up to some very hard use


    edit, wrong link
  • hi no its the 2014 model 29er
  • yea, youd hid the clue in the title

    this one ?

    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Acid-29-Mo ... _66692.htm
  • this is it but in grey and white not the minging blue and green
    http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/1385 ... -bike-2014
  • yeah that's the one pal
  • its looks excellent to me for the money, it will do anything YOUR good enough to do for many years to come
  • just wasn't sure wether it would be able to cope with the harder trails time will tell I pick it up next week so ill throw it round the woods see what its got
  • it will more than cope, thats a nice bike to my mind
  • cheers pal cant wait to get it cheers for the help
  • dannys615 wrote:
    just wasn't sure wether it would be able to cope with the harder trails
    Wouldn't it have been better to ask that 'before' you bought it? ;)

    But yes, the bike will be fine, apart from the wheels are too big ;)
  • I did ask before I bought it but it will be being used for general commuting aswell myt by a different set if wheels f
  • For goin on trails etc
  • stubsstubs Posts: 5,001
    Your supply of skill will run out long before the bikes supply of rolling runs out. I wouldnt start doing gap jumps or World Cup Downhill courses on it but anything else it will cope with.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • The main place I'll be taking it is lee quarry and gisburn Forrest and possibly Phillips park
  • stubsstubs Posts: 5,001
    dannys615 wrote:
    The main place I'll be taking it is lee quarry and gisburn Forrest and possibly Phillips park

    Perfect for the job then. Enjoy and remember they arent crashes they are experiments in bike handling.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • I totally agree haha
  • More than capable of any trail centre black route
  • marcg868marcg868 Posts: 116
    I used to have a Carrera Vulcan which cost half the price of your Cube and it was excellent at Gisburn Infact I'm still quicker than my two mates on Hope line and Homebaked and they own a Cube AMS 150 and a Lapierre x control.

    I now have a Cannondale SL5 and I love it at Gisburn, just the Suntour xcm fork lets it down. But I'm saving for a Rockshox Reba RL. Yes I can't do mega drop offs but for xc and trail centres it's great.
  • cheers hopefully will get the call that its at the shop this week cant wait to get out and ride it and conveniently im off the week after so will take it out for a good test run get used to it do you ride gisburn often then is it definitely worth the journey from bury
  • marcg868marcg868 Posts: 116
    dannys615 wrote:
    cheers hopefully will get the call that its at the shop this week cant wait to get out and ride it and conveniently im off the week after so will take it out for a good test run get used to it do you ride gisburn often then is it definitely worth the journey from bury

    Get up about once or twice a month. Mainly ride around Darwen and Rivington. Lee Quarry isn't far from you either just up the A56 in Bacup. Was going to buy a Cube Aim but liked the look of the Cannondale, and Leisure Lakes didn't have the Cube in my size. Was a Bright Red Cube Aim 29er.
  • Got the bike is amazing been on it everyday since Friday took it down the local woods today and did some free riding turned out quite fun think I'll take it Phillips park tommorow anyone been and what's your views
  • marcg868marcg868 Posts: 116
    dannys615 wrote:
    Got the bike is amazing been on it everyday since Friday took it down the local woods today and did some free riding turned out quite fun think I'll take it Phillips park tommorow anyone been and what's your views

    Its very short but its good for a few loops. fast and flowing. My Missus enjoyed it alot. She even got some air on the jumps.
  • i got down to the trails at Phillips park was great fun much better than sitting at home on my day off going to gisburn soon with lads from work so should be a good day out
  • stubsstubs Posts: 5,001
    marcg868 wrote:
    dannys615 wrote:
    Got the bike is amazing been on it everyday since Friday took it down the local woods today and did some free riding turned out quite fun think I'll take it Phillips park tommorow anyone been and what's your views

    Its very short but its good for a few loops. fast and flowing. My Missus enjoyed it alot. She even got some air on the jumps.

    Sometimes doing a series of laps of a shortish trail is more fun than a long loop. You get to really learn the lines and hone your technique, it doesnt have to be a blacker than black epic to be a good ride.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
Sign In or Register to comment.