What are you Drinking?

2»

Comments

• stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    WTF is wrong with you people? Oh water is SO boring, so boring that I can't bring myself to drink it...

1.5 litre bottle on desk. Polish that off over the working day, then more water at home. Suspect a large % of people do not drink enough water. It's not exactly a challenge is it?

+1
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I love lesbian teas. I drink

Hibiscus Tea - has quite a strong, fruity, cranberry like flavour. V high in vit C and good for high blood pressure
    Camomile Tea - I sometimes put slices of ginger in it. Very relaxing, in fact I don't drink it at work anymore coz I end up asleep at my desk
    Genmai Cha - Basically green tea with bits of roasted rice in it. Has a nuttier flavour than pure green...
    Chai - Normal tea with a few spices

Love it...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    WTF is wrong with you people? Oh water is SO boring, so boring that I can't bring myself to drink it...

Yes.
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    mrfpb wrote:

Yes.

Really? That's like saying air is so boring without perfume or the smell of bacon (actually I take that second one back)
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • mrfpb
    stu-bim wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:

Yes.

Really? That's like saying air is so boring without perfume or the smell of bacon (actually I take that second one back)

Yes water is boring. I drink it on my bike or if very hot and thirsty, but frankly, to have nothing else to drink all day would be very, very BORING.
  • So you need to consume 2 litres or thereabouts (as a man) of water a day. This value takes into account all water consumed in both liquid and food form. If you eat lots of lettuce, drink tea etc. then you don't need to consume any separate water at all. Beer does count but you may need to negate the diuretic effect to a degree BUT not need to drink same volume of alcoholic substance consumed.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Beer that is all
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    itboffin wrote:
    Beer that is all

+1
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • mrfpb
    itboffin wrote:
    Beer that is all

We know you're the forums biggest coffee addict ITB.

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12751344&p=18354550&hilit=silly+commuter+coffee#p18354550
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Sketchley wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Beer that is all

+1

I'm giving up the booze.... :cry:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    rubertoe wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Beer that is all

+1

I refer you to my first post on this topic.
  • rubertoe
    Veronese68 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Beer that is all

+1

I refer you to my first post on this topic.

I know, I know.

Its only for 6 months...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• mrfpb
    rubertoe wrote:
    I know, I know.

Its only for 6 months...

That's not too bad then. Not sure why you're cutting out caffeine though. My wife once challenged me to cut out caffeine for a week, and I did it (to prove I wasn't an adict). The first day was a headache, but after that it was fine. But there's no harm in it so I carry on drinking it. I liked the fruit teas, but didn't like camomile. Mint was ok with sugar, but I think sugar is worse than caffeine, so I didn't carry on with that.

As I said earlier, I settled on Rooibos as a preferred caffeine free brew.

So are you inspired yet? What are you going to try?
  • rubertoe
    Been drinking Peppermint for the last week, but going to give Rooibos a try next week.

The reason for giving up caffeine is that the missus cant have it (up the duff) so we have a cupboard full of decaff tea and coffee and I quite like it and I am sleeping better as a result.

I still got a few weeks left on the booze and I am making the most of it.

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Gin mare
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Hey all. I'm looking for some feedback and I thought here would be a great place to get some. Its related to coffee/tea and cycling. Please check out this survey for one of my most resent projects I'm working on. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/77LCFWV
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Glenlivet Master Distillers Blend.

Very nice. :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    dont worry i'll take up the slack and drink your girly quota

ghey ....
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Tried some of that green tea with lemon, god awful stuff, back on proper tea now :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rubertoe
    I tried some green over the weekend. Its not very nice and contains high levels of caffiene. I might just stick to caiffiene free builders.

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    We have some of that caffeine free stuff at work and if I accidentally pop one of those in the mug you certainly know it :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rubertoe
    arran77 wrote:
    We have some of that caffeine free stuff at work and if I accidentally pop one of those in the mug you certainly know it :shock:

You get used to the caffiene free drinks,

I am at the moment nursing a large Americano... fully caffiienatted

• jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Coca tea (mate de coca) brought back from a recent holiday in Bolivia.

No caffeine, tastes good, supposed to be good for altitude sickness (just climbed Notting Hill, after all :)).
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    I tried to drink a chocolate nut flavoured protein shake from myprotein but it came straight back up. Would not be so bad if I hadn't ordered 5 kilos! Worst flavour ever
  • rubertoe
    Redbush Vanilla (Tetley's - no milk) is currently winning.

Much nicer than fruit/herbals.

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    jamesco wrote:
    Coca tea (mate de coca) brought back from a recent holiday in Bolivia.

No caffeine, tastes good, supposed to be good for altitude sickness (just climbed Notting Hill, after all :)).
    This does however contain coca alkaloids. Admittedly a small amount - Wikipedia reckons 4.2mg as opposed to 20-30mg in a 'line' - but apparently still enough to give a positive result to a drug test.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I was just thinking I'm not getting enough tea today, then I realised it's my turn to make it. Ballcocks.