Pins and needles/numb toes

Steve236
Steve236 Posts: 212
This has been bothering me for some time now. Started last winter and was hoping it was the cold but has carried on through the summer. Have moved saddle back and forward, up and down ( and tried different ones) so don't think it's that. Shoes seem to fit, maybe slightly narrow but not noticeably. Occurs when I push harder on the pedals on climbs or during hard efforts. Can be lessened by low gear spinning. Also have moved cleats backwards and forwards which hasn't done much.

So any ideas? Am I likely to see any benefit from different cleats (eg speedplay instead of the spd-sl I use) or new shoes even though these seem to fit pretty well (they're shimano r106's). It's driving me mad!

Comments

• Perhaps a problem with the soles in the shoes.
    If they feel a little 'wrong', then I'd suggest trying an insert.

Jay Kosta
    Endwell NY USA
  • Shoe issue or just possibly tight hamstrings/lower back causing nerve problems- false sciatica ...try other shoes, or make more space in the existing ones by using thinner insole or socks?
  • This may sound silly. But I'm new to road cycling. But after only possibly 8 rides doing short being 18 miles an longer being 32 miles all routes hilly. I was getting really numb painfull feet. I started road biking after having to lay off running alot. After having treatment for cancer. An getting reactive arthritis as a side affect. I started in shimano carbon shoes an put it down to big cleats the fact the shoes kicked up from the ball of the foot. Felt unnatural. After always wearing flatter diadora shoes from mtb riding years before. Got better with diadora s I bought. But still bad. Until I wore neoprene overshoes an it completely stepped. Strange in a good way.
    Cheers mark