***Spoiler*** Tour of Britain Stage 6

Comments

• Wow this Yates lad is pretty bloody good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Wow this Yates lad is pretty bloody good.

Is he the brother rumoured to be signing with Sky next season? Expect him to be the new Dombrowski! :wink:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Pross wrote:

Is he the brother rumoured to be signing with Sky next season? Expect him to be the new Dombrowski! :wink:
    Yeah. His brother has been linked with FdJ. I reckon Sky may get both though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Yeah. His brother has been linked with FdJ. I reckon Sky may get both though.

I don't know much, so it may be pish, but this Guardian article mentions... Orica-Greenedge rumours

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/s ... ates-twins
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I'd imagine they have offers from all sorts of teams now. I think Adam doing brilliantly at L'Avenir and subsequently getting World Tour interest may have put a spanner in the works from Sky's perspective; now the brothers have the option to go pro as a duo if they wish.

Orica might be a good landing spot for them. Sky obviously make sense, as Simon in particular looks a potential hilly classics sort, and Sky could use one or two of them - but they have a raft of youngsters already.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Just back ... First time I've been at a finish and pretty awesome it was too,. Crowds 10 deep on both sides and could see all the way up from the flamme rouge. Pretty remote part of dartmoor and hundreds had cycled their
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    That's cycled there...
  • Wow this Yates lad is pretty bloody good.

Yeah.

But he's no Sam Bennett :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    Jeez, Hughie Porter, I know he won the world pursuit title in 1872 but he must be the most cliche riddled, irritating commentator on British TV. I even prefer Kill Liggitt.

Sorry I just had to say that.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • T-shirt weather at the top of Haytor by the afternoon - lovely. Hugh Porter is considerably less irritating than Carlton Kirby, but he's being put out to grass anyway.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    davidof wrote:
    Jeez, Hughie Porter, I know he won the world pursuit title in 1872 but he must be the most cliche riddled, irritating commentator on British TV. I even prefer Kill Liggitt.

He drives me nuts in the Tour series with his 'attacks off the front' ! Had a long chat with him and his wife (Anita Lonsbrough, but I'm sure you knew that) on a plane and he's a lovely fella.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    inseine wrote:
    davidof wrote:

He drives me nuts in the Tour series with his 'attacks off the front' ! Had a long chat with him and his wife (Anita Lonsbrough, but I'm sure you knew that) on a plane and he's a lovely fella.

Why does he keep saying 'the peleton is about to implode' when he means the opposite?

Cheese missed off the highlights. This isn't good for sponsorship, and I wanted to see what a Beenliegh blue looked like (I've googled it now, but I wanted to see it on the podium).

Good stage though, bigger crowds than most of the Vuelta.
  • The cheese:

9841896923_4996492e09_z.jpg
  • Mad_Malx
    Mechanism wrote:
    The cheese:

That's better, thank you.
    Unpasturised sheep's blue. I'm feeling peckish now.
  • Pross
    I'll always tolerate Porter as he got the crowd to give me support in the Abergavenny crits back in the early 90s when I'd been dropped!
  • RichN95.
    Mechanism wrote:
    The cheese:

That's a mighty cheese. And Rouleur compared it to Roquefort - which is like crack to me. How much would I have to pay for a block like that?
  • RichN95.
    Mechanism wrote:
    The cheese:

That's a mighty cheese. And Rouleur compared it to Roquefort - which is like crack to me. How much would I have to pay for a block like that?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Haven't read back to see if anyone said it but did anyone else spot the fat ba*tard in sky kit hanging around behind Ned and the blithering, over-nerved, over-stylised Matt Stephens waffling at the end of the itv4 coverage?
  • mfin wrote:
    Haven't read back to see if anyone said it but did anyone else spot the fat ba*tard in sky kit hanging around behind Ned and the blithering, over-nerved, over-stylised Matt Stephens waffling at the end of the itv4 coverage?

That was priceless - my wife and I were in absolute stitches!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    Here he is in all his glory.

2013-09-21%2008.36.57.png

2013-09-21%2008.37.41.png

2013-09-21%2008.38.00.png
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Are you sure he isn't one of the proper sky team? :)
  • Pross
    Bit harsh on Wiggo that, he's admitted to bulking up for the Worlds TT.
  • flite
    flite Posts: 219
    I wouldn't help wondering if it was someone from this forum........
  • It's Frenchie showing his true colours.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mad_Malx
    It's Frenchie showing his true colours.
    :lol::lol:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    It's Frenchie showing his true colours.
    Haha, I think it's actually crankbrother...
  • Alan A wrote:
    Here he is in all his glory.

2013-09-21%2008.36.57.png

Oh christ on a bike, what's my dad doing out in Devon. He's only supposed to ride the bike on the turbo since his stroke!

He got a personalized Sky kit for his birthday recently and this is what he looks like in it.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • I've just mananged to get ITV Player to work, to watch the stage, and though it was a shame it was a bit short, again I think Devon can be proud of the stage and the crowds it produced ... helped by better weather than stages earlier in the week got. Had the stage been on the Saturday I think Haytor would have looked more like Alpe d'Huez with the crowds that would have been there.
    Pross wrote:
    I love the fact that 6 Mile Hill is.......4.8km in length :lol:
    Six miles out of Exeter, innit. Well, that's what I've always assumed, anyway.
    Aha, mystery solved. What they called Six Mile Hill on the coverage isn't Six Mile Hill. Six Mile Hill is indeed six miles from Exeter - the short sharp downhill towards Dunsford. Aren't you glad you know that now?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    RichN95 wrote:
    Mechanism wrote:
    The cheese:

About £90-£100 according to a mate who works Neal's Yard Dairy (and who supply the cheeses to Rouleur).
  • Check out Sam Bennett`s bike handling:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... TgtwSIlfho
    Contador is the Greatest