Help Needed - Quick Survey for PhD student.

OliverC
OliverC Posts: 110
Hello all,

I am a PhD student at Anglia Ruskin University (and a fellow cyclist) and I am conducting some research into saddle position in time trial racing. I need to gather some information about saddle fore-aft position. I would be very grateful if you could complete the questionnaire by following the link below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10iwPU9 ... wJ9TA/edit

Many Thanks,

Oliver Caddy

Comments

• cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    The way you recommend the measurement is taken is flawed in as much that the plumbob can only give a reasonable accurate measurement if the bike is level.
    1/ use a long spirit level to check the ground is level that the bike stands on.
    2/ mark were the wheels sit on the ground and take a plumbbob measurement, then turn the bike round to take another measurement. Averaging the two measurements.

P.S. As a PhD student I think you need to look up Azimuth and Horizontal Plane to find the relationship of the saddle to bottom bracket position.
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • OliverC
    Hi Cyo2,

Thanks for the advise. I appreciate this is not the best method and I like the way of ameliorating the risk of a non-level surface.

Cheers,

Oliver
  • OliverC
    Hi All,

We are still collecting data for this survey so if you have a couple of minutes we would really appreciate your completing it.

Many Thanks,

Oliver