***Spoiler*** Tour of Britain Stage 4

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    I tuned in for 15mins but all I have seen for the whole time is the Blue Brigade stringing out the peloton. So now I am tuning out. Really hope this breakaway holds out and the TT wonderman loses his lead. What a shi t race.

Imagine if that caught on, the race leader's team working to limit a break. Lucky those continentals have more flair

ASTANA_zpsea8db312.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Awww I remember these roads :cry:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Apparently, the race was getting a slating in Betws y Coed. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    edited September 2013
    I tuned in for 15mins but all I have seen for the whole time is the Blue Brigade stringing out the peloton. So now I am tuning out. Really hope this breakaway holds out and the TT wonderman loses his lead. What a shi t race.
    Another race involving Sky, another chance for Frenchie to flounce off in a huff. Always amusing!

Edit: what distance does the last summit come at?
  • Apparently, the race was getting a slating in Betws y Coed. :P

*applause*

:)
  • I think I've seen more of David Lopez today than I did in the whole of the TdF.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    I haven't got sound, who is in the break and who is the best placed on GC? I'm assuming Sky only have to minimise the time gap as Wiggins has a reasonably healthy time gap.
  • Pross
    Lovely heli shot up the valley to Snowdon.
  • Pross wrote:
    I haven't got sound, who is in the break and who is the best placed on GC? I'm assuming Sky only have to minimise the time gap as Wiggins has a reasonably healthy time gap.

closest is Slater at 2:15
  • Doesn't look as if Sky can pull this break back.
    Nobody missing a turn.
  • Pross
    So keep it down to 1.30 at the finish and everyone is happy then?
  • Meanwhile, in Wallonie, the race has blown apart, with echelons everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up. Some proper racing going on here. All over the place, Frank, Voeckler and Bakelants with 25 secs and 19ks to go.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Madison rider training for the cross season there.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Even FF ??
  • Pross
    Meanwhile, in Wallonie, the race has blown apart, with echelons everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up. Some proper racing going on here. All over the place, Frank, Voeckler and Bakelants with 25 secs and 19ks to go.

With the wind directions and strength forecast tomorrow there's a good chance of echelons at the ToB if anyone wants to put the pressure on Sky. Cross winds all day - 18mph gusting to over 30mph and some exposed mountain roads.
  • ddraver
    After appauling GB Geography (admitadly from the Irishman and the Dane) - what would be the highest MTF in the UK?
    - @ddraver
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    r0bh wrote:

I don't think I can recall any other race ever where a team has tried to chase down a breakaway. Anyone else? :roll:

Its a mystery to me. I thought every rider had to ride alone and unaided and had to let the best climber win every stage. Well, its only fair, there only little guys. :roll:
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    Just PMSL at Carlton on Wallonie coverage slagging off a young Belgie Edvard Thuens calling him Loony Tunes because he is trying to close the gap to the break which has his team mate Bakelants.
  • alan_a
    ddraver wrote:
    After appauling GB Geography (admitadly from the Irishman and the Dane) - what would be the highest MTF in the UK?

Bealach Na Ba
  • Assuming the break stays away, who is in there, and who has a decent sprint? Haussler?
  • ddraver
    Whoop, hello...
    - @ddraver
  • Quintana and Martin are turning into a very entertaining double act.
  • alan_a
    Martin & Tana attack - now it's fun
  • alan_a
    Oi Frenchie it's started to get fun on the descent.

Bauer is a Heavyweight descender. Will he catch the break?
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Great scenery, and dry roads
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Garmin certainly worked Sky over there.
    I think the GPS was a bit off.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Alan A wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Bealach Na Ba
    Would be the biggest climb (627m vertical ascent from more or less sea level) but Glenshee at 670m is higher - the road winds up and down to that over a long distance though, the serious climb only gains 300m or so.
  • ddraver
    Gap to the front falling rapidly, suspect Wiggins is safe...
    - @ddraver
  • Time for the break to press the self-destruct button.