***Spoiler*** Tour of Britain Stage 2

1234568»

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    A very watchable stage! I can't help but feel it would be nice if the weather got better for a few stages, for the crowds and the riders and the pictures.

Avoided the thread. Does seem repeatedly polluted by one over-opinionated and skewed brat but nevermind.

Hopefully we'll be in for a classic british 10 tomorrow :)
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    ddraver wrote:
    Just had a flick through the thread...Has Frenchie lost it completely now? He seems even more neurotic than usual...

No, he just doesn't seem to understand how teams work in cycling. I'd have thought he'd have had a grasp of that by now...
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    dsoutar wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Just had a flick through the thread...Has Frenchie lost it completely now? He seems even more neurotic than usual...

No, he just doesn't seem to understand how teams work in cycling. I'd have thought he'd have had a grasp of that by now...

If you ignore, he will, eventually, go away. :lol:
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,582
    Anyone know more about the Quintana 20sec penalty?

ITV4 briefly said it was because of taking shelter behind car. Since he's 1 of the top 3 for GC surely there must be more info somewhere?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    What a great ride from Sam Bennett.

Barely gets a mention on the thread.

Getting a bit carried away there.Sure, it was a very good opportunist move in the last few hundred metres and he was unlucky not to hold on to the line but calling it a great ride is stretching things a bit. He didn't really give people much opportunity to comment on his attack as it was so close to the finish, much the same as there isn't much comment on Ciolek's win.
  • Pross wrote:

Getting a bit carried away there.Sure, it was a very good opportunist move in the last few hundred metres and he was unlucky not to hold on to the line but calling it a great ride is stretching things a bit. He didn't really give people much opportunity to comment on his attack as it was so close to the finish, much the same as there isn't much comment on Ciolek's win.

Check.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Alan A wrote:

ITV4 briefly said it was because of taking shelter behind car. Since he's 1 of the top 3 for GC surely there must be more info somewhere?

On the 'naughty boy' official commique that gets passed out to the teams and the media after the race. Were you expecting it to get a specific write up by the cycling media? (that's not me being sarky, just genunie question)
  • Pross wrote:

Check.

Wind yer neck in FF.

If he was French he would have got the full Frenchfighter treatment.

Of course it was a great ride. Tough conditions, some top class riders and this U23 rider is there at the finish making a great race of it.

Posters too busy baiting and biting......
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • TWH, back to Bennett (and agree, he put in a great ride there) and the CI decison re the Worlds, why are CI faffing around so much with the decision? And why are they always so anti-Brammy?
  • TWH, it is exactly as Pross says. A very strong acceleration in the last few 100, 2nd only to Ciolek but still it is just that. I understand you are bias towards the Irish. Maybe you should take a look at what Martin did earlier in the stage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross wrote:
    Getting a bit carried away there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -el3Y#t=81
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Those brave souls that got out on the course yesterday - how soon before the race came through were you able to ride on the route ? Planning a possible excursion to Llanberis tomorrow.

Ta.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    edited September 2013
    TWH, back to Bennett (and agree, he put in a great ride there) and the CI decison re the Worlds, why are CI faffing around so much with the decision? And why are they always so anti-Brammy?

Faffing around seems to be Cycling Ireland's default setting.

Apparently they'll announce there decision today

It does seem farcial that Brammeier as the 4 time national champion and can't get the nod for a 4 man team.

No idea what the problem is..
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    edited September 2013
    TWH, it is exactly as Pross says. A very strong acceleration in the last few 100, 2nd only to Ciolek but still it is just that. I understand you are bias towards the Irish. Maybe you should take a look at what Martin did earlier in the stage.

Didn't see the early part of the stage I'm afraid.- Sky+ failure.

The bit in bold.........guilty as charged :wink:

994798_404688212964577_849797358_n.jpg

Edit - The kid hanging off the railing :lol:
  • alan_a
    Alan A wrote:

On the 'naughty boy' official commique that gets passed out to the teams and the media after the race. Were you expecting it to get a specific write up by the cycling media? (that's not me being sarky, just genunie question)

Never expected a full page spread or anything, just a bit more info - a couple of sentences as to where and for how long. In this 8 day race those 20 seconds will probably be the difference between being on the top step of the podium and 4th place - especially with a greasy TT course that IMHO Brad won't be able to fully capitalise on.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    Pross wrote:

Check.

Wind yer neck in FF.

If he was French he would have got the full Frenchfighter treatment.

Of course it was a great ride. Tough conditions, some top class riders and this U23 rider is there at the finish making a great race of it.

Posters too busy baiting and biting......

A great ride would be something like Martin at the Vuelta or even Lofkvist's effort at holding off the bunch for 8km on his own had he made it. It was a good finish, especially for a young rider but great? Yates was just behind who is also a youngster. I suppose it could be argued the other way mind and you could say that everyone who finished did a great ride in those conditions.
  • alan_a
    Alan A wrote:
    Carlisle: the 2nd shi ttest place to change buses in UK after Preston. Worst night life, coldest rail station, most over zealous traffic police I could go on and on, however I had better get started on Maryport...

Maryport: it has a brilliant Jazz and Blues festival thanks to the extra digit evolution has given each inhabitant for playing the banjo. If you want to turn your wife into your ex wife who is an alcoholic who fights in the street send her to Maryport.

Workington: The most racist town in England.

Whitehaven: See Workington but with slightly higher house prices.

Is that the whole of North Cumbria offended? Good, worst 18 months of my life living there.

B L O O D Y H E l l.

They've only gone and made Preston Bus Station a listed building.

http://www.channel4.com/news/preston-bus-station-listed-grade-ii-culture-demolish-council

I have the letters B.Arch after my name and all I know is it is the least welcoming / comfortable place in England.