Cycle to Work?

2»

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    springer64 wrote:
    I cycle the last bit of my commute every day (an 8-mile round-trip). Today, ironically, I only went the half-mile or so to Evans, where my bike's in for a service and the steerer shortening. Alanis Morrissette re-writing lyrics, even as we speak.

But, ironically, no more ironic than Alanis Morrissettes lyrics :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Schoie81 wrote:
    Schoie81 wrote:
    Well my first attempt at 40miles failed last night :( got to about 33miles and could do no more so had to take a short cut home. Still 35.5miles though, which is my longest ride so far! Its the hills that killed me - 3500ft of climbing. Didn't stop my cycling to work today though, 16.5miles in this morning, got a pinch flat after hitting a hideous pot hole that I didn't see because it was full of water :( luckily i was literally 100yds from the office, so it didn't spoil the ride.

Make that TWO p*******s!! :( The back went down straight away, so I knew the crater (I've upgraded its status from 'pot-hole') had done the back tyre, but I went to sort that out at lunchtime and noticed the front was flat too. Not a happy bunny... :evil:

Update on the pothole - reported it to the council on Friday, they came and filled it this morning!!! Quite impressed at that - its not even on a main road! Now should I submit a claim for two new tubes??
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • Schoie81 wrote:
    Well my first attempt at 40miles failed last night :( got to about 33miles and could do no more so had to take a short cut home. Still 35.5miles though, which is my longest ride so far! Its the hills that killed me - 3500ft of climbing. Didn't stop my cycling to work today though, 16.5miles in this morning, got a pinch flat after hitting a hideous pot hole that I didn't see because it was full of water :( luckily i was literally 100yds from the office, so it didn't spoil the ride.

Tried again last night, and did it!! Different route, with a little less climbing and managed 41miles, 3,300 ft of climb at 15mph. Happy with that. And still felt ok to do another 18miles back to work this morning!! :D
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"