Helmet for £40

2»

Comments

• Mine arrived this morning. Looks good in stealth black, fits well (albeit not quite as comfy as my Specialized across the forehaed, but more protective and better looking), the straps don't catch on my ears and it looks about as non twatty on my head as any cycle helmet's ever going to, so a good purchase at £39.89, I reckon.

I didn't find mine as comfy as my previous cheapo Bell one but I think I have either got used to it or its "broken in" and now it feels fine.
  • Mine arrived this morning. Looks good in stealth black, fits well (albeit not quite as comfy as my Specialized across the forehaed, but more protective and better looking), the straps don't catch on my ears and it looks about as non twatty on my head as any cycle helmet's ever going to, so a good purchase at £39.89, I reckon.

I didn't find mine as comfy as my previous cheapo Bell one but I think I have either got used to it or its "broken in" and now it feels fine.

It's just the forehead - the Specialized has a horizontal band of padding all the way round, where the Giro has the two verical pads (that aren't as thickly padded). If you go a bit tight on the adjuster wheel it digs in a bit one the forehead, but I'm sure it'll be fine when I'm riding - just don't overtighten it. It could benefit from those pads being thicker though. Otherwise, no complaints, seems like a good lid, with plenty of head coverage, and looks less perched on my head than the Specialized (that one's a universal size, so the outer shell's bigger).