Disc brakes what should I go for on my Pro6 build?

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    ...except Mrs MRS has pretty much spent my redundancy on a house :roll:
    Hope it's a nice house with a big garage for you.
  • Veronese68 wrote:

We won't even be living in it. It's an "investment"...

All the nice cars and bikes I might have bought :cry:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • I've now done over 2k miles on a set of hy/rd brakes, been far better in dry and wet then the bb5's they replaced. On the hoods find I don't need more than two fingers to get the full potential out of them.
    Pads are also easy to find as it's the basic Shimano M515 Deore pads.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Veronese68 wrote:

We won't even be living in it. It's an "investment"...

All the nice cars and bikes I might have bought :cry:
    The right car would make a good investment, could cost more than a house. A lot more fun though. I hope you tried that at least.
  • Anyone know where to buy a pair of Avid BB7 Road disc brakes as cheaply as possible?
    It looks to me that £100 pair is about the best, but then I will need cables as well

Anyone seen road BB7's cheaper than this ?

Please advise

Cheers
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I think you;ll be lucky to get them at <£100 TBH.

But the rotors are worth a few quid if you dont need them
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:
    I think you;ll be lucky to get them at <£100 TBH.

Bike-discount.de
  • rubertoe
    That is cheap as chips, i'd snap them up.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Make sure you get the appropriate type for your levers (there's "Road" and "MTB")
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • BB7s can be had for about £44 each at bike-discount.de, I can't make my mind up on what brakes to go for for my Croix de Fer, I was going to go down the BB7 route but the TRP offerings seem to be a step in evolution better, it's jusr trying to find some for sale.
  • Andy_S_T wrote:
    the TRP offerings seem to be a step in evolution better, it's jusr trying to find some for sale.

Your best bet is to order some through the nearest LBS that stocks TRP - and then just wait patiently. As soon as they come into the distributor, they seem to disappear again. Even though my LBS ordered some and they were showing as in stock, by the time their order was processed, they were out. I waited about 6 weeks.
  • rubertoe
    Andy_S_T wrote:
    the TRP offerings seem to be a step in evolution better, it's jusr trying to find some for sale.

Your best bet is to order some through the nearest LBS that stocks TRP - and then just wait patiently. As soon as they come into the distributor, they seem to disappear again. Even though my LBS ordered some and they were showing as in stock, by the time their order was processed, they were out. I waited about 6 weeks.

Contact upgrade bikes

http://www.upgradebikes.co.uk/

they are showing a back order though....