2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Rookie wrote:
    as it was mid 30's were I am!

But surely that's nearly winter temps!?

....In the desert!
    No the winter temps here are cooler than that, about +25 at midday although it can get down as low as +5 overnight, I'm about 500km from the nearest desert. Get back home tomorrow though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The aldi stuff is horrible, it leaves me covered in red welts all over, doesn't keep you warm, smells after a single use, has a wonky cut, and is just generally awful.

Have you a Cotswolds shop nearby? They often have awesome sales on icebreaker stuff. Managed to pick up short sleeve merino t-shirts there last year for £20.

Agreed, if it's not 100% merino, then the part thats not merino still smelles and reduces the advantages of the merino part.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • Have you a Cotswolds shop nearby? They often have awesome sales on icebreaker stuff. Managed to pick up short sleeve merino t-shirts there last year for £20.

That's a bargain! Just had a look online, and they're currently on offer at £35 in certain colours (normally £50)