Forum home Road cycling forum Training, fitness and health

Talk to me about being coached....

13»

Posts

  • napoleondnapoleond Posts: 5,983
    Maybe but he's still detracting from the discussion.
    Twitter - @NapD
    Strava - Alex Taylor (sportstest.co.uk)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • they talk in the same way, discuss the same points, post at approx the same time.
    Coach to Michael Freiberg - Track World Champion (Omnium) 2011
    Coach to James Hayden - Transcontinental Race winner 2017, and 2018
    Coach to Jeff Jones - 2011 BBAR winner and 12-hour record
    Check out our new website https://www.cyclecoach.com
  • they talk in the same way, discuss the same points, post at approx the same time.

    I'm Sparticus.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h_v_our_Q
  • twotyred wrote:
    You sure he's Trev? I thought censored was Bahzob's sock puppet.

    Nah, I am not 'Bahzob' either. So anyone wanting to check out if I am 'Trev' might as well ask the admins to look for any match with his /her IP too. Don't forget to report back here with the result folks! :lol:
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • dilemnadilemna Posts: 2,187
    There can only be one winner. If you haven't got the right genes no amount of training will compensate for this.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • IP is a waste of time. come on trev you're better than this. you can fake ip addresses or go through various routes to give incorrect IPs to make it look like you're somewhere else. like you can't watch certain online TV stations if you're not in the country of the TV station, so you can route things to make it look like your ip is in that country.
    Coach to Michael Freiberg - Track World Champion (Omnium) 2011
    Coach to James Hayden - Transcontinental Race winner 2017, and 2018
    Coach to Jeff Jones - 2011 BBAR winner and 12-hour record
    Check out our new website https://www.cyclecoach.com
  • IP is a waste of time. come on trev you're better than this. you can fake ip addresses or go through various routes to give incorrect IPs to make it look like you're somewhere else. like you can't watch certain online TV stations if you're not in the country of the TV station, so you can route things to make it look like your ip is in that country.

    Sorry, but you are wrong on this one. That said, your persistence does echo what I said earlier. :lol:
    2) Coaches often seem to have their own pet theories and ideas, and often seem very closed-minded to things that don't fit in with what they already 'know'...
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • IP is a waste of time. come on trev you're better than this. you can fake ip addresses or go through various routes to give incorrect IPs to make it look like you're somewhere else. like you can't watch certain online TV stations if you're not in the country of the TV station, so you can route things to make it look like your ip is in that country.


    For the record.

    I am Trev.

    I have no idea who BenderRodriduez is.

    And Ric how come you know so much about fake IP addresses?
  • BenderRodriguezBenderRodriguez Posts: 907
    edited August 2013
    dilemna wrote:
    There can only be one winner. If you haven't got the right genes no amount of training will compensate for this.

    Agreed. As I said earlier...
    It is also worth noting that no training program, no matter how much you pay for it, can overcome the limitations of your own physiology. Most fundamentally your VO2 max is genetically determined, and you will reach that ceiling withing a year or so of starting intensive training. Secondly, the degree to which you adapt in response to training is also genetically determined. You might have the best training program on Earth, but if you are a 'low responder' it might never produce that much of a change in your capacities.

    Of course, coaching companies never say much about all those who paid for their services and remained pretty much as rubbish as they ever were. :lol:

    There is also what Rolf Dobeli has called the 'Swimmer's body illusion' to take into account. Bottom line is, it is quite possible, even likely, that those who succeed after buying a coach's services do so not because of the quality of the advice they are given, but because there is something 'special' about the sort of people who would willingly pay out hundreds of pounds for advice, as compared to those who do not. Consequently, it is these qualities (perhaps a higher level of determination to succeed, an awareness, or at least belief, that they have some innate ability and could go far in the sport and so forth) that is the real reason for their progress.
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • it's amazing how you and trev both spout virtually identical stuff... phrased the same. the same issues.

    if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... you get my drift
    Coach to Michael Freiberg - Track World Champion (Omnium) 2011
    Coach to James Hayden - Transcontinental Race winner 2017, and 2018
    Coach to Jeff Jones - 2011 BBAR winner and 12-hour record
    Check out our new website https://www.cyclecoach.com
  • napoleondnapoleond Posts: 5,983
    twotyred wrote:
    You sure he's Trev? I thought censored was Bahzob's sock puppet.

    Nah, I am not 'Bahzob' either. So anyone wanting to check out if I am 'Trev' might as well ask the admins to look for any match with his /her IP too. Don't forget to report back here with the result folks! :lol:

    As prev stated, IP is a waste of time...
    Twitter - @NapD
    Strava - Alex Taylor (sportstest.co.uk)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    twotyred wrote:
    You sure he's Trev? I thought censored was Bahzob's sock puppet.

    Nah, I am not 'Bahzob' either. So anyone wanting to check out if I am 'Trev' might as well ask the admins to look for any match with his /her IP too. Don't forget to report back here with the result folks! :lol:

    As prev stated, IP is a waste of time...

    There seems to be an echo in here. Following Ric Stern's 'logic', 'NapoleonD' is clearly one of his sock puppets... :roll:
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • How entertaining, I have just been reported for trolling.

    Whoever the little coward is reveal yourself. Seems to be a standard procedure. Anyone who dares argue with the usual suspects gets called Trev, then they get reported for trolling, then they get banned by the cowardly mods.

    Pathetic.

    The real trolls on this forum are the trolls who persistently troll for new clients.
  • How entertaining, I have just been reported for trolling.

    Whoever the little coward is reveal yourself. Seems to be a standard procedure. Anyone who dares argue with the usual suspects gets called Trev, then they get reported for trolling, then they get banned by the cowardly mods.

    Pathetic.

    The real trolls on this forum are the trolls who persistently troll for new clients.

    Well, non of the mods have contacted me (yet...), so I cannot be you, and you are also 'Trev', so I cannot be Trev either.

    QED methinks! :lol:
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • ugo.santaluciaugo.santalucia Posts: 26,350
    I suggest you all stop this pointless personal retaliation. If you have issues with each other, I suggest you get over them.
    For the tiem being this thread is locked
This discussion has been closed.