How much do you spend?

2»

Comments

• TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Much more than someone of my rather limited capabilities should do.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    I think I realised I'd over done it last week when I had 3 frame builds on the go. Just need to tape up the handlebars on one, cut the cables and bar tape another and am now waiting on the arrival of a stem before cutting the fork on the third. Whilst waiting for the stem I have been going through my inbox deleting all emails starting "We have just processed your Wiggle order".....
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Sh!t loads !!!

That said, I built my Enigma to my spec last year, so there's not a lot in the way of components that I need at the moment. Which is good, as Mrs C is currently channeling all spare funds into a new kitchen :shock:

That said, I have been eyeing up some new wheels lately. I've got stronger this year and am now noticing som flex on the hills..... Well, that's my excuse anyway :wink:

Even though I don't have the need for components at the moment, there's always jerseys and gloves.........
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    I'm considering getting my wages paid directly to my LBS and just asking them for spending money occasionally...
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Yup, running very cheap... Two pairs of trainers a year, cycling very expensive

In sheer desperation I discovered the effect of gravity and inertia on the human body... Problem sorted

don't forget to factor in the physio costs when your knees blow out whilst running!!

As far as cycling goes I don't drink, smoke or eat take aways (I sound fun don't I) so that offsets my spend!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • JackPozzi wrote:
    I'm considering getting my wages paid directly to my LBS and just asking them for spending money occasionally...

Hahahaha quality!
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Varies depending on how much student loan is left and how much I earn.

This year, close to £2k. Last year, <£200. Years before that will all have ranged from £200-£1000, depending on my circumstances. I could spend more but I'd rather keep my savings as my savings. Got an emergency bike fund from some of the money I earned in my gap year should I need to replace things which I keep separate but I don't like using it.