100RLJs are you on this vid? ;)

seiken77
seiken77 Posts: 33
edited August 2013 in Road general
Cyclist, Motorcyclist, Driver and Pedestrian... sometimes even a Tube Sardine...
http://www.youtube.com/bikerspov

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Great first post. You're going to fit in well here!
  • seiken77
    Cheers man :)
    Cyclist, Motorcyclist, Driver and Pedestrian... sometimes even a Tube Sardine...
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    16 is my favourite
  • Jesus

That is a lot of potential organs waiting to be donated.
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • Does it count at red light jumping if your on the pavement when you pass the light? :wink:
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    Does it count at red light jumping if your on the pavement when you pass the light? :wink:

No, it also doesn't count if your eyes are shut, if you didn't see it, you didn't do it :wink:

In all honesty though, I hate red light jumpers, and on busy roads like that! I've only done it a couple of times, but its been 10pm with nobody about and at sensor lights which will never pick up a cyclist.
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    RLJ is just ridiculous.

This morning on my 50 minute commute from north to central London I probably see 10 - 15 RLJers.

It gets right on my goat especially as i wait at every light, regardless of the traffic situation and its pretty light before 7 am in the morning even in London, only for people to come past and jump the red, in turn tarring me with there brush, only for me to mostly catch them 200 yards down the road anyway and repeat at the next light.

Cycle quicker if your in a hurry...

if you wouldn't do it in a car, don't do it on a phucking bike.

Arrrggghhhh
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Don't feed the motorbike troll.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    rubertoe wrote:
    RLJ is just ridiculous.

This morning on my 50 minute commute from north to central London I probably see 10 - 15 RLJers.

It gets right on my goat especially as i wait at every light, regardless of the traffic situation and its pretty light before 7 am in the morning even in London, only for people to come past and jump the red, in turn tarring me with there brush, only for me to mostly catch them 200 yards down the road anyway and repeat at the next light.

Cycle quicker if your in a hurry...

if you wouldn't do it in a car, don't do it on a phucking bike.

Arrrggghhhh

This ^^^
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Waterloo bridge any rush hour and you'll see your 100 every 20 mins or so
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Number 71 was really cunty, steaming through on the pavement with those kids there. Last one is hilarious.
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    I'd let the bonus person Run over my Little Junior.
  • antfly wrote:

+1 to this. The RLJers are nobs, but this is just predictable, anti-cyclist crap. I'm pretty sure any of us given a camera could creat a, 100 motor cyclists riding like idiots, film in a matter of 2 weeks.
  • seiken77
    predictable, anti-cyclist crap. I'm pretty sure any of us given a camera could creat a, 100 motor cyclists riding like idiots, film in a matter of 2 weeks.

How is that anti-cyclist? It is anti-idiot. Man, if you can do a vid on car drivers or motorcyclists or pedestrians doing stupid things - then DO IT. Do not just moan about it.
  • antfly wrote:

+1 to this. The RLJers are nobs, but this is just predictable, anti-cyclist crap. I'm pretty sure any of us given a camera could creat a, 100 motor cyclists riding like idiots, film in a matter of 2 weeks.

You could get 100+ motor cyclist ASL offences in about an hour...
  • seiken77
    you are missing the point.
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    seiken77 wrote:

What that Trolling is a nobs game?
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    edited August 2013
    seiken77 wrote:

Explain the point.

RLJ's are breaking the Law,

Every motorbike/car in an ASL is jumping a red light therfore breaking the law.

Some people are Just nobs
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Looks like this guy just calls out dodgy behaviour he sees on his commute, nothing anti-cyclist about that and also nothing you don't see dozens of times every morning on CS7!

I clicked a couple of his other Random Compilation videos and he shows pedestrians walking out without looking, dodgy van/taxi/bus drivers etc.. not just cyclists. Not the most interesting videos if you see that stuff everyday but not very anti cyclist either.
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    seiken77 wrote:
    predictable, anti-cyclist crap. I'm pretty sure any of us given a camera could creat a, 100 motor cyclists riding like idiots, film in a matter of 2 weeks.

How is that anti-cyclist? It is anti-idiot. Man, if you can do a vid on car drivers or motorcyclists or pedestrians doing stupid things - then DO IT. Do not just moan about it.

Why would anyone waste their lives putting together some shite YT clip about what everyone knows already, that their are nobs using every mode of transport.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Its funny how in a video where you've specifically targeted cyclists that are breaking the law, you've managed to capture about two dozen motorbikes and cars doing the same by sitting in the ASL.

;)
  • seiken77 wrote:

How is that anti-cyclist?

Fair enough, it might not be intended as anti cyclist, but a video collection of 100 idiots RLJing does very little to dispel the attitude that cyclists are all wanton law breakers with no respect for the law. We're actually not.
  • seiken77
    edited August 2013
    Fair enough, it might not be intended as anti cyclist, but a video collection of 100 idiots RLJing does very little to dispel the attitude that cyclists are all wanton law breakers with no respect for the law. We're actually not.

Of course not. There are many respectful cyclists on the road. The problem is the idiots who make the name to all cyclists. If we do not talk about it and do not condemn it than it will never improve. Many cyclists take actions to educate the offenders (one person that comes to mind is the cycle droid).

And believe me that I do not focus on cyclists. I highlight stupid behavior of motorcyclists, drivers and pedestrians.
    I stand on cyclists side when they are right, and even though I do not commute on my bicycle at the moment I did it for many years in all weather and I see myself as a cyclist.
  • hatch87
    If you search the forum you will find quite a few threads on red light jumping, infact almost a weekly one. So we do talk about it, and it goes in circles
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • seiken77 wrote:

Of course not. There are many respectful cyclists on the road. The problem is the idiots who make the name to all cyclists. If we do not talk about it and do not condemn it than it will never improve. Many cyclists take actions to educate the offenders (one person that comes to mind is the cycle droid).

And believe me that I do not focus on cyclists. I highlight stupid behavior of motorcyclists, drivers and pedestrians.
    I stand on cyclists side when they are right, and even though I do not commute on my bicycle at the moment I did it for many years in all weather and I see myself as a cyclist.

Sure, but your video comes across as, "look at these numpty cyclists RLJing" and serves to back up the stereotype that all cyclists routinely do it. Unless I'm missing it, I see no message next to the video explaining that you are trying to persuade those who do RLJ to stop. Your thread title here also suggests you have an ulterior motive, but then that's just my perception.
  • seiken77
    this video is nothing more than a project. I explained in the beginning of the vid why I created it. I just witnessed many and I believed it should not be difficult to dig 100 out. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun as I enjoy making videos. I believe it should not be taken so seriously. All it does is document what I witnessed. It also shows that many cyclists actually stop on red lights - I did not hand pick clips that will show only the ones who do not... I guess it is a more touchy subject for you than I thought. Many of you drive cars right? If I created 100 cars jumping lights (and I would if I had enough clips) than probably you would not feel it is directed to you personally. Again - it is not "In your face cyclists!" video, it is quite neutral I'd say. Actually I wonder if people who objected in a non respectful way to this post have something to hide...
  • hatch87
    I think its more that your signed up to the forum and it was your first post with nothing else said, just a link to the video. I'm not sure what else you were expecting really
  • seiken77
    So now when you know that I did not mean any harm - does it change your perception?
    One of the reasons I signed up was to see what will be the reaction to this vid. First replies were how I felt it should be taken - not personally and with a dose of humor.
  • hatch87
    No it doesn't! because I was one of the first replies ;-)
  • seiken77
    LOL :) good point ;)