cyclists tan

2»

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Mine is stupid. Seriously bad and very obvious. Rather annoying too as I'm set to be naked on stage in front of several hundred people next month and I can't see it having faded or evened out by then :lol:
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Bwgan wrote:
    Who's get a white strap mark on their face?

no but I have seen cycle helmet air vent hole tan marks, which left this poor girl with a set of oval blotches in a pattern across her forehead.

just got a set of hand mitt tan marks that stand out for my efforts so far this year, fortunately the rest can be hidden by appropriate clothing :lol:
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    At the beach my very PC friends said I looked like I'd spent time in auschwitz!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    There are worse tan lines. This beauty of a bra strap line took me almost 3 years to tan out!
    strap.jpg
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Alexvs
    Alexvs Posts: 52
    I've been sporting my tan lines since February. My arms and legs are very absorbent to UV it would seem even using factor 30 cream. A quick 20 minute spin into work sets them off on a cloudy day. On my gym days I wear sleeveless basketball tops and wear my tan sleeves with pride! People look or ask and I simply say I'm a cyclist. Going out on the weekend can be a pain though as my t-shirt sleeves are right on the mark and can sometimes slide up to reveal my regular light brown arms but at least I enjoy getting my tan and don't pay to achieve it like some under sunbeds.
  • Tjgoodhew
    Tjgoodhew Posts: 628
    Im one that tans pretty quickly - even to look at the sun and i start to tan.

I have had the tan lines since about March and they are coming along nicely.

I even managed to get some nice patterns on my back with the UV going through a lightweight white jersey.

The hand lines are slowly fading but the upper arm is coming along nicely. Im off to Mexico in November so looking forward to wearing it with pride !!!
    Cannondale Caad8
    Canyon Aeroad 8.0

http://www.strava.com/athletes/goodhewt
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Grill, are you Moby?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Grill
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Grill, are you Moby?

If he put on 2 stone... ;)
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Tan? What are these tan things you're all on about?

I just go bright red for a few days then back to milky white
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    TheHound wrote:
    Tan? What are these tan things you're all on about?

I just go bright red for a few days then back to milky white

Scottish by any chance ;-)
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Grill wrote:
    There are worse tan lines. This beauty of a bra strap line took me almost 3 years to tan out!
    strap.jpg

Grill dare I ask why you were wearing a bra?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • goonz
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Mine is stupid. Seriously bad and very obvious. Rather annoying too as I'm set to be naked on stage in front of several hundred people next month and I can't see it having faded or evened out by then :lol:

Dare I ask why???
  • Grill
    goonz wrote:
    Grill wrote:
    strap.jpg

Grill dare I ask why you were wearing a bra?

Ask and you shall receive. Second degree sunburns that day. The skin behind my knees contracted so much that I was walking as if I'd been bummed for 2 weeks until I slipped on some ice and it tore the skin. 12 hours on the snow with no sunblock was a bad idea.

lesarcs033.jpg
  • goonz
    :shock:

How I wish I hadnt!!!