Orange Clockwork?

2»

Comments

• punkatron1
    punkatron1 Posts: 134
    Just the 20 odd years of mountain biking experience to call on thanks. I posted the words "utter boll***s", forum tech automatically censored it. Not really into name calling.
    Too many bikes, not all fully built.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Face it though, you are wrong, many FS do have no standover.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • punkatron1
    That's just not correct..........and this is becoming tiresome. Well done for scouring Google images by the way. Going out of your way to waste someone's hard earned money is highly commendable.
  • The Rookie
    So there are no FS with no standover? Oh dear, if you believe that, still never mind, maybe you'll grow up some day and accept that you make mistakes and can then come back and apologise.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What is right is what suits the rider. Some want it. Some don't. Isn't a right or wrong, is purely preference.
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    I have decided to opt for a small Boardman team HT. I have found my local branch have the team in a small (no pro' left in the country in a small). The spec is streaks ahead of the Orange and ultimately I can upgrade anything that needs doing anyway.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Just upgrade stuff when it wears out.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • punkatron1
    The Rookie wrote:
    So there are no FS with no standover? Oh dear, if you believe that, still never mind, maybe you'll grow up some day and accept that you make mistakes and can then come back and apologise.

Apologise..for what? This has turned into a who's got the bigger, saggier ball sack debate. You started by saying that many FS bikes don't have standover clearance. If this is the case then there are a lot of people out there on incorrectly sized bikes. There's a big difference between no stand over (i.e. not being able to get on / off the bike) and minimal stand over. Possibly semantics but perhaps you should be clearer in your posts.

Lets not forget that Cubedean says he understands bike sizing, knows that he wants a smaller frame for practical reasons, but you dismissed his post instantly and advised an 18inch frame. Odd how he's ended up with a 16 inch bike isn't it.

The Orange was a horrible spec though.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Having no standover does not mean the bike is incorrectly sized, if standover is not a requirement for you.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    punkatron1 wrote:
    Just the 20 odd years of mountain biking experience to call on thanks.

Twenty years experience and you've still not learned how to get off a bike. Go you.

My point was, I have ridden a bike, with next to zero standover-clearance, which I could get onto, and off of, without any issue. Which, correct me if I'm wrong here, was the crux of your arguement. Look, I'll quote you again:
    punkatron1 wrote:
    If you can't stand over the bike then how do you a) get on it, and b) get off it. Utter bullshit

You raised a question, I answered it. Picking fault that it's a different type of bike does not change the fact that what you said was factually 'inept'.

Your welcome to continue being a tool about it, though. It's a free country and bluntly, we could all use a chuckle.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • The Rookie
    punkatron1 wrote:
    The Rookie wrote:

Apologise..for what?
    Aplogise for telling me I was spouting BS when what I said was actually true after all, still if you want to carry on being a tool that is your call, it's been pointed out (on this and other threads) by a number of posters that standover is not strictly relevant (though many like to have it) and some bikes have none and are still fine to ride, yet you insist it's Utter BS.....there is none so blind as those who will not see (unknown).
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    That was a good read. I forget the original subject of the thread now.