By popular request ... The religious debate

2»

Comments

• This goes back to the question of metaphysics and tangible ideals. Look at quality, if an object has quality you cannot factor or measure it surely, you just know. Religion is like that, all religion is is a set of stories and parables told and re-told and improved to provide a map for a said man/woman to live their lives in a good way according to where you live and how your forebears have evolved.

God is made in mans image, because God is man, is in man and nowhere else.

These are my own words.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Very deep and meaningful! God is in man? Is that like 'inmanginary' friends!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    A lot to unpack in one paragraph! Metaphysics as in the big questions, why how where when etc.. So are you saying that measuring quality in an object is like faith ie you just know? Set of stories and parables told and retold.. Yup, I go along with that. It's purpose being to provide a map to live life in a good way, I think it goes beyond that ... I'm only really familiar with the bible so can't really comment on owt else but would say its a few snapshots of an imperfect relationship throughout a specific period in history which it does warts and all. Which is why I like it, it doesn't package it all up nice and cleanly like a glossy god brochure