Mr Wenger, do us all a favour

2»

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Ozil? Flippin' excellent in my book if that goes through - I'd have him (and I'm a Chelsea fan for my sins .....).

Wengers alright - he was stuffed by the board for a few years and has had to put up with a lot of whingers in the squad but I quite like him. He's funny and took the proverbial out of the alcoholic angry Scotsman for years so that's worth a few Brownie points in my book.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Yossie wrote:

He's funny and took the proverbial out of the alcoholic angry Scotsman for years so that's worth a few Brownie points in my book.

Watch MU crash and burn.

Ozil at Arsenal. Fantastic. Does that mean Real Madrid only paid...hmmm... 85-42.5=42.5. 42.5 million for Bale?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yossie
    Catch stand manure. Bunch of kunts.

Real will have got a load back on shirt sales/image rights already - they ain't daft. Money to burn, yes, but not daft.

Bale wasn't/isn't worth that amount but fair play to the lad - flippin' fantastic work. £150,000 plus a week to live in Madrid and play footy for the biggest (or is that Barca - not sure) team in the world. Absolute dream. Its like me being paid to ride the Classics everyday on my own personal team Ritte with TDV and TDN providing "personal attention".

I'm not going to start on the morality of the footy money but for these lads, the majority of whom are utterly selfish and thick as two short planks - well, fair freakin' play to them - milk it for all its worth. Yes, they abuse their position/money etc to the extent that the rest of us would get locked up/a good kicking, but if someone offered me £150,000 a week to do, well, not a lot, I'd snap their arm off and stand their gormlessly with a huge smile for at least 9 years not believing my luck.

Wenger is clever enough as a people person and a manager to make the most of Ozil, so he's a season worth watching methinks.

Chelsea 1st (but not by much)
    Citeh 2nd
    Gooners 3rd
    Spurs 4th
    Manure 5th
  • pinno
    Yossie wrote:

Citeh 2nd
    Gooners 3rd
    Red Scousers 4th
    Spurs 5th
    Cardiff 6th
    Manure 7th

FTFY
  • Yossie
    Yossie wrote:

Citeh 2nd
    Gooners 3rd
    Red Scousers 4th
    Spurs 5th
    Cardiff 6th
    Manure 7th

FTFY

Good call my son, but the Miseryside moaners up there - hmmmmmmmm, not sure ... Maybe the blue people's side of Miseryside. Very good call though.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Now I'm not a fan of Wenger for the way he comes across in interviews and I'm not an Arsenal supporter. However, the company I work for had season tickets that we used for client hospitality and I have been to quite a few games. One thing to remember is that Wenger is so much more than a 1st team coach and he has been instrumental in all the off field improvements of the last 10 years or so as well. The club is well managed and in the black, it has a fantastic ground and Wenger has helped influence it. Whilst I can understand fans frustration that the playing side of things has slipped back from the best years a few years back and the perennial lack of big name signings I think Arsenal are probably the only 'big' club that could survive the football bubble bursting and I actually think more clubs should be working on a similar model rather than just throwing money at the big name players. Also, I don't get the 'take the club back where it belongs' comments either - other than an occassional title and some FA cup wins Arsenal haven't been the top club in the country for any sustained period during my lifetime. Spurs supporters were the same a few years back, hankering after the great days that never really existed.
  • pinno
    Pross wrote:
    Now I'm not a fan of Wenger for the way he comes across in interviews and I'm not an Arsenal supporter. However, the company I work for had season tickets that we used for client hospitality and I have been to quite a few games. One thing to remember is that Wenger is so much more than a 1st team coach and he has been instrumental in all the off field improvements of the last 10 years or so as well. The club is well managed and in the black, it has a fantastic ground and Wenger has helped influence it. Whilst I can understand fans frustration that the playing side of things has slipped back from the best years a few years back and the perennial lack of big name signings I think Arsenal are probably the only 'big' club that could survive the football bubble bursting and I actually think more clubs should be working on a similar model rather than just throwing money at the big name players. Also, I don't get the 'take the club back where it belongs' comments either - other than an occassional title and some FA cup wins Arsenal haven't been the top club in the country for any sustained period during my lifetime. Spurs supporters were the same a few years back, hankering after the great days that never really existed.

Phew! Paragraph breaks? Some pics of Ninas noorks to liven it up? A pause? Other than that, it was a well written piece.
  • Yossie
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Nina's norks. Lush. Utterly lush.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Pross wrote:

Phew! Paragraph breaks? Some pics of Ninas noorks to liven it up? A pause? Other than that, it was a well written piece.

It's about Arsenal so long and boring seemed appropriate!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I think he would make a brilliant stand up comedian
  • pinno
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I think he would make a brilliant stand up comedian

Crikey mikey - you're from Cornwall and you say that! Do you look like Jethro for christs sake for christ sake...?