Helmets??

1235»

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Anyone who thinks their head has evolved to cope with crashes deserves their Darwin award
    Ahh Darwin awards....used to love them. Then Snopes came along and ruined them all! :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • whyamihere wrote:
    I would be dead now had I not worn mine. My wife would be husbandless and my daughter fatherless. Nuff said?!
    This kind of statement is a problem for rational debate. The only way you would know that a helmet saved your life is to accurately reproduce the same incident without a helmet, and dying. Other than by doing this, you cannot possibly know that you would have died without one. Damage to helmets often looks horrific, but it's supposed to - helmets absorb the shock by breaking.

I'm not saying you shouldn't wear a helmet (I wear one almost all of the time, and I reckon it's at least saved me from a few nasty cuts to the head), but I'm also not going to say everyone should wear one. Stating that a helmet saved your life without evidence is an emotional statement, not a rational one.

I'm on lifelong Warfarin due to other illnesses and after my crash I did have to visit hospital and YES I was told my lid saved my life! That's good enough for me.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    When I had my big crash the Dr at A&E said I should have been wearing a helmet, not sure how it would have helped the broken collarbone and gashed elbow though.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Actually I was that doctor and what I meant was that you should have worn it on your elbow and collar.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • prawny
    Ahh makes sense. This was back in the mid 90's so it probably would have been big enough too.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

• Damit. Well played

Dammit I think. not Damit. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/damit
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599

Damit. Well played

Never kick a man when he's down.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    That's my job
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools

• Damit. Well played

"Dammit I think. Not Damit." http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/capital_letters_start_sentences.htm

This could go on for age's
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    This could go on for age's

This could go on for ages... I think you'll find
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Haha I didnt think anyone would bite!

I can't find any floors in your comment however so it's over.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    You're to clever for me, so i'm out...
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Their, their, It'll be OK.
  • p44cmb
    p44cmb Posts: 124
    Haha I didnt think anyone would bite!

I can't find any floors in your comment however so it's over.

Shouldn't that be flaws? :-)
  • Haha another victim. This is to easy
  • prawny
    Haha another victim. This is to easy

Don't you mean... D'oh! :lol:

You set em up, we'll knock em down
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • p44cmb
    p44cmb Posts: 124
    :-)
  • I wear a helmet, you can do what you want, your injuries do not affect me.
  • prawny
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    I wear a helmet, you can do what you want, your injuries do not affect me.

What if he was a pizza delivery man, and he had a crash before work and hospitalised due to his injuries (that a helmet would have prevented). Later that evening after a few beers you and your mrs fancy a pizza, you call and order but they apologise and say it might take a while because they're a driver down. Your wife is a bit drunk and gets arsenal about it and you end up driving to pick it up. You get pulled over by the police on the way down and the copper is a kid you used to pick on at school and he takes this opportunity to get his revenge. You end up in the cells for the night and get a vicious bumming followed by a whopping fine and you lose your driving licence.
    You lose your job and your wife leaves you. You become depressed and turn to crack to escape reality.

Think about it.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:

What if he was a pizza delivery man, and he had a crash before work and hospitalised due to his injuries (that a helmet would have prevented). Later that evening after a few beers you and your mrs fancy a pizza, you call and order but they apologise and say it might take a while because they're a driver down. Your wife is a bit drunk and gets arsenal about it and you end up driving to pick it up. You get pulled over by the police on the way down and the copper is a kid you used to pick on at school and he takes this opportunity to get his revenge. You end up in the cells for the night and get a vicious bumming followed by a whopping fine and you lose your driving licence.
    You lose your job and your wife leaves you. You become depressed and turn to crack to escape reality.

Think about it.

I don't eat Pizza.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:

Think about it.

I don't eat Pizza.
    I wonder if not eating pizza saves more lives each year than wearing helmets? :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • chrisrobs
    chrisrobs Posts: 135
    Stu Coops wrote:
    Why even bother start a topic like this are you waiting for people to start ranting at you for asking a completely stupid question for your own amusement, wear one don't wear we don't care now try asking a sensible question and you may get a constructive helpful response.

hahaha fair play, who cares mate your boring.
  • cooldad
    chrisrobs wrote:
    Stu Coops wrote:
    Why even bother start a topic like this are you waiting for people to start ranting at you for asking a completely stupid question for your own amusement, wear one don't wear we don't care now try asking a sensible question and you may get a constructive helpful response.

hur hur illiterate drivel etc.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools