Lest we forget...

Yellow Peril
Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
BB has taken a bit of a hammering lately. Some good posters have been killed or are currently missing in action.

I'd like you, my band of brothers, to join with me in remembering those posters and making a stand for all that is good, right and proper about this forum by posting the name of someone that may have fallen victim whilst fighting the good fight or just someone you admire for their contribution to this jewel in the internet, this sceptered site... I'll start with...

Daviesee
@JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Cleat? :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate? :D
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    MattC59? Cleat? NapD?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Yellow Peril? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Yellow Peril
    Aggieboy
    @JaunePeril

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Yes, Daviesee, God Rest His Soul.
    A victim of reprisals against La Resistance
    If not worthy of a Croix de Guerre, surely we can award him the Croix de L'Ecosse to velcro to his lycra?

On a personal note, what a honour to be mentioned by the Mighty Seanoconn! I am not worthy.
  • seanoconn
    Bugger, you're still here.

Trying to impress Yossie with your foreign language skills eh :wink:
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:

Oui, mais seulement un peu.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Google interpretati sunt, Deo gratias. Ego autem luctari cum anglicus iurare poterit in pluribus linguis.
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Google interpretati sunt, Deo gratias. Ego autem luctari cum anglicus iurare poterit in pluribus linguis.

People called Ballysmate, they go the thread?
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Bravo Sean. We'll make a linguist of you yet. You may already consider yourself to be a master with your tongue though. :roll:
    I must be particularly pedantic this morning, as I began to parse your Latin, until I realised what I was doing. :shock:
    I must get out more! :lol:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Finally! A kink in dynamicbrick's intellectual armor :lol:
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Bravo Sean. We'll make a linguist of you yet. You may already consider yourself to be a master with your tongue though. :roll:
    I must be particularly pedantic this morning, as I began to parse your Latin, until I realised what I was doing. :shock:
    That was my first attemp at Latin so don't be too harsh.

Seriously though, have you tried sexting a lady in French? You can be as perverted as you like and it still sounds romantic :D
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Seriously though, have you tried sexting a lady in French? You can be as perverted as you like and it still sounds romantic :D

Au contraire, Sean, as Delboy would say. A fine first effort.
    I cannot conceive a more slimey or creepy spectacle than my alter ego (Avatar) being romantic in French.
  • Yellow Peril
    Pinarello001
    @JaunePeril

• seanoconn
    Pinarello001
    Alive and kicking I'm afraid. Just under the thumb, or 'computer access problems' as he likes to call it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615
    Aggieboy
    +1

Imagine the 'Girls' thread with Aggie and Crunchy Toes competing with each other for 'best poster' :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Pfft

I did study Latin at school in the 3rd year.

I'm presuming its Latin because I remember precisely none of it thanks to an exceptional busty Dutch girl by the name of Gemma. As Latin was not a popular thing by then, the lessons were after school at the local 6th Form, and had kids from the three secondary schools in the town; the mixed I went to, the boys, and the girls school.

First ever lesson, these two zeppelins entered the room, followed by the prettiest, blondest, most blue eyed thing I'd ever seen. Utterly smitten in the way only possible when you're 13. Can't say I paid attention to any of it after that. I did get her to be my girlfriend, and I got to see and squeeze those almighty assets. She dumped me after a few months, and 24 years later I still wake crying at the injustice of the world.

A little footnote to this; At 17 I was at college and working part-time in Waitrose. I got on famously with a girl on the Deli counter called Pam. She was great - riotous fun, very attractive, and a great mate. I'd recently split with another girl, and she decided one of her mates was right up my street. Over several Saturdays she convinced me that a blind date was in order - she was convinced me and her mate would hit it off. 'why not come out with her and me and my other half?' said Pam.

I gave in, and agreed to be collected by Pam's boyfriend on the evening in question. Hopped in the car and went round to collect Pam, where I jumped in the back and we then went round to collect my blind date. We had a meal booked in Brighton - 45 minute drive away.

You can guess who the blind date was, can't you?

The second most awkward experience of my life.

Just ask if you want to hear the most awkward... it's a corker.
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

i did in dutch which she was trying to get me to learn (she was dutch), absolute nightmare, googletranslate and babblefish have a lot to answer for in the end of that relationship...
  • seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Pfft

I'm presuming its Latin because I remember precisely none of it thanks to an exceptional busty Dutch girl by the name of Gemma. As Latin was not a popular thing by then, the lessons were after school at the local 6th Form, and had kids from the three secondary schools in the town; the mixed I went to, the boys, and the girls school.

First ever lesson, these two zeppelins entered the room, followed by the prettiest, blondest, most blue eyed thing I'd ever seen. Utterly smitten in the way only possible when you're 13. Can't say I paid attention to any of it after that. I did get her to be my girlfriend, and I got to see and squeeze those almighty assets. She dumped me after a few months, and 24 years later I still wake crying at the injustice of the world.

A little footnote to this; At 17 I was at college and working part-time in Waitrose. I got on famously with a girl on the Deli counter called Pam. She was great - riotous fun, very attractive, and a great mate. I'd recently split with another girl, and she decided one of her mates was right up my street. Over several Saturdays she convinced me that a blind date was in order - she was convinced me and her mate would hit it off. 'why not come out with her and me and my other half?' said Pam.

I gave in, and agreed to be collected by Pam's boyfriend on the evening in question. Hopped in the car and went round to collect Pam, where I jumped in the back and we then went round to collect my blind date. We had a meal booked in Brighton - 45 minute drive away.

how strange i hadnt even read yours before my dutch comment it is indeed an injustice, althoughtthe assets wernt so mighty.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

i did in dutch which she was trying to get me to learn (she was dutch), absolute nightmare, googletranslate and babblefish have a lot to answer for in the end of that relationship...
    Always double check your translations :lol:

I learned this lesson after a Mis-translation of "squirting baby oil" took some explaining!
  • ballysmate
    Where's VTech? Not like him to be so reticent. :?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Ezy Rider
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    Has anybody mentioned Mikey23 yet? :roll:
  • ballysmate
    BB has taken a bit of a hammering lately. Some good posters have been killed or are currently missing in action.

I'd like you, my band of brothers, to join with me in remembering those posters and making a stand for all that is good, right and proper about this forum by posting the name of someone that may have fallen victim whilst fighting the good fight or just someone you admire for their contribution to this jewel in the internet, this sceptered site... I'll start with...

Daviesee

Don't forget his brother in arms, Notdaviesee.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Where's VTech? Not like him to be so reticent. :?

vtech has surfaced. i wont spoil your fun by telling you where. you cna play wheres vtech and see if you can spot him.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    The catalyst

If there's a God he's banned
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    The catalyst

If there's a God he's banned

Apparently joined a forum for gynecologists. :lol:
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Pfft

Any piccies of her norks? If not, any Dutch norks at all?
  • The odd thing is I can't remember how to spell her surname, otherwise I'd look her up on Facebook. I suspect she's an absolute lump of a thing now - had very sturdy ankles 24 years ago,