Tour of Utah *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    the coverage left a lot to be desired especially the experience and direction of the moto crews. The race itself wasn't bad in fact I would go as far as interesting/enjoyable. I like the tour tracker format and the over hyped enthusiasm of the duo on commentary was infectious in a slightly comical way. needs slicker direction and more motos. I think they only had 2?

I got the feeling the heart and soul of US road racing is more in the hills of utah than california. The parcours was good plenty of variety. the money side is obviously not there. The end of stage presentations looked to be taking place at a village fete not least because the population of utah is less than 3 million.Thats the population of wales spread out in a area 10 times the size! [you get an idea of how crowded our island is when wales comes up an order of magnitude more densely populated]

The nightlife in park city probably consists of a barking dog in the distance.... I would like to see this race prosper and hope that slicker doesn't mean they lose this yokel quality. the absurd presentations where some local business presents the stage winner with a branding iron or poorly engineered tractor carburetor. The MC was ridiculous. You would think a MMA bout was about to kick off and mike torckler was getting ready to rumble.

basically garmin vs trek with BMC and orica picking up the scraps but noticeable efforts from other squads, bissel did well.... felt sorry for united health care where TF did the jamis rider come from?

garmins win felt right.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Not a fan of Danielson, but Mancebo winning the stage doesnt sit easily with me at all *shrugs*
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    Not a fan of Danielson, but Mancebo winning the stage doesnt sit easily with me at all *shrugs*

I don't think frankie is topping him up from the team car tbh. sort of didn't matter who won really was my take on the whole thing.

can't be many years left in paco's legs
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    ad_snow wrote:
    Eurosport ‏@Eurosport 4h
    Due to a lack of suitable footage from the Tour of Utah, no further live, delayed or replayed coverage of this event will be broadcast.
    Retweeted by British Eurosport

I wondered what had happened. I kept getting motor bikes, or athletics, or tennis even fencing! I did get Arctic Tour which I had recorded but lost the end so that was good. Lovely scenery.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman