Unbelievable

2»

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Clank wrote:
    But everybody knows it as "road tax".

Dude, that is the weakest justification, and you know it! :lol:

Justification of what, exactly. I used the term "road tax", because that's what it's universally known as. If you can find someone who's ever said "I'm going to the post office to get some vehicle excise duty", I'd be very surprised indeed.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Go take your meds, before we give you the electric shock therapy again.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Clank wrote:

Justification of what, exactly. I used the term "road tax", because that's what it's universally known as. If you can find someone who's ever said "I'm going to the post office to get some vehicle excise duty", I'd be very surprised indeed.
    Post office?
    In the 21st century we have this thing called the internet to pay our VED.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    knob wrote:
    Go take your meds, before we give you the electric shock therapy again

Whatever.
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    Clank wrote:

Post office?
    In the 21st century we have this thing called the internet to pay our VED.

The internet pays your road tax? That's very generous of it, I have to pay my own.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Clutching at straws are we?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Actually, I don't pay road tax. Never have.
  • Kowalski675
    cooldad wrote:
    Clutching at straws are we?

No, just taking advantage of your mistake to amuse myself. As for getting your road tax via the internet - all well and good, but no use if you need it same day.

Incidentally, even the DVLA don't refer to it as VED if you are buying online - preferring the term "tax disc".
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Clank wrote:

Justification of your deliberate misunderstanding of how the roads are paid for. I conclude you are just here to troll, so for that reason, I'm out.

I would mock you, but strangely, the challenge has gone.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Kowalski675
    Clank wrote:
    Clank wrote:

Justification of your deliberate misunderstanding of how the roads are paid for. I conclude you are just here to troll, so for that reason, I'm out.

I would mock you, but strangely, the challenge has gone.

No misunderstanding here, I never claimed that road tax pays for the maintenance of the roads (although it should). Quite the opposite, as you'll see if you read my post correctly. I could mock you, but since you seem to have trouble reading, you'd probably miss it...
  • Kowalski675

Whatever. Don't feel bad though - every forum has its under informed, over opinionated, massively egotistical, legend in his own lunchtime bellend, you just have the honour of being BikeRadar's, lol. Well done, you're special, just like your mum always told you... :lol:
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    Clank wrote:

I am a post office worker and 99.9% of people coming in to renew the V.E.D ask for "just in to renew my Vehicle Exise duty". I heard one plonker ask for road tax in our post office about 1978 but the post master ticked him of and told him it was abolished in 1937 or something
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I just call it a tax disc never heard anyone apart from my Dad call it Road Tax. The DVLA site calls it a Tax disc as well I had a look but couldnt see anywhere on the gov.uk or DVLA site that called it Road Tax. Though they are big sites and I might have missed it.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    stubs wrote:
    I just call it a tax disc never heard anyone apart from my Dad call it Road Tax. The DVLA site calls it a Tax disc as well I had a look but couldnt see anywhere on the gov.uk or DVLA site that called it Road Tax. Though they are big sites and I might have missed it.
    I've had a trawl through, and nowhere does it say if you pay your VED, tax disc, road tax or any other names you want to make up to try and prove your point, are you entitled to run over people that don't, not cyclists, pedestrians, horses not even those fat f**kers on motability scooters.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    stubs wrote:

I've had a trawl through, and nowhere does it say if you pay your VED, tax disc, road tax or any other names you want to make up to try and prove your point, are you entitled to run over people that don't, not cyclists, pedestrians, horses not even those fat f**kers on motability scooters.

I wasnt trying to prove any point
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Kowalski675
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    stubs wrote:

It's in the small print. :wink: