The ever popular, where was i thread

Comments

• It is Oropa... interestingly the climb continues for another 5 Km and then there is a dark 400 mt tunnel that gets to the other side of the mountain, spectacular, but only the locals know about it... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    It is Oropa... interestingly the climb continues for another 5 Km and then there is a dark 400 mt tunnel that gets to the other side of the mountain, spectacular, but only the locals know about it... :wink:

I'll know next time then.

Haven't actually been to it (Sacre Monte??). But, it was part of a montage on a postcard I sent my now wife. Was there to attempt a route on the Matter, ahem I mean Monte Cervino, from the Italian side, but the weather was awful that summer, so did a wee bit of sightseeing instead :)
  • Garry H wrote:
    Haven't actually been to it (Sacre Monte??). But, it was part of a montage on a postcard I sent my now wife. Was there to attempt a route on the Matter, ahem I mean Monte Cervino, from the Italian side, but the weather was awful that summer, so did a wee bit of sightseeing instead :)

You climbing the Matterhorn? It's a serious mountain, one of the deadliest... although the swiss side (north face) is the killer...
  • One of my favourite rides in this country and one for NapD

6751014285169d59d128f03604bd0fe9428ffb2d44879937c9c215eb9ed7e301c9b7b9c5_zps56511423.jpg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    That has to be in Spain?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

You climbing the Matterhorn? It's a serious mountain, one of the deadliest... although the swiss side (north face) is the killer...

Why the surprise? Climbing/moutaineering was my passion for many a year.

Didn't climb it as it happens, weather was cr@p. Route was the Liongrat (Italian ridge), technically not that difficult and a lot less crowded than the route normale from the Swiss side (Hornli ridge). Still a very serious undertaking though. Biggest danger is always rockfall, and there's more chance of that happening when there's a lot of folk about.
  • That has to be in Spain?

No, it's this very country... you're just not used to see it on a dry day... :wink:
  • Garry H
    Wrynose
  • Nope...
  • Garry H
    The Peak somewhere? Cat and Fiddle?
  • The Peak somewhere and not far from the Cat & Fiddle... the place has got a name though...
  • Garry H
    I'll quit while I'm ahead. You don't half get around though :wink:
  • Garry H
    Winnats? Guessing now
  • No, you were closer before... it's literally 20 minutes cycle away from Cat & Fiddle
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    well , given such a clue I guess you must be looking over goyt from the top of the causeway, but I would take considerably longer to get up the hill!
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • priory wrote:
    well , given such a clue I guess you must be looking over goyt from the top of the causeway, but I would take considerably longer to get up the hill!

Indeed... from the top of Pym Chair, looking down at the goyt valley, with Long hill in the background
  • priory
    8april22behcet008_zpsd1c2ce0e.jpg

some good bike shops near here
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

• Tasmania?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    priory wrote:

My god what is that!? Did it eat that tree!??
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • That's one fat mouse.
  • Looks to me like an albino wallaby, like this

http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2013/0 ... n-zoo.html

So it could be Linton zoo?
  • priory
    albino wallaby it is , but not Linton .
    It is white and was a gift .

• So it can be anywhere, really
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    That's one evil looking b@stard - I sincerely hope it's nowhere near me.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    is it Dudley?
  • Garry H
    Wonderland?
  • Is it friendly?

How big is the pocket? Can you fit some allen keys and a chain splitter in there?
  • pinno
    Ribble?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    priory wrote:

It's a good job the womble's out on an all night bender, that thing would give the right horn :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    Wall a by?

"Six pints of lager and a kebab please"

I'll get my coat.