tdf12st9-froome.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Bottom one is faster?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    One is taken in the last few hundred metres of a TT and the other is taken mid TT.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,933
    One's a fraud, and the other is genuine?

Don't quite know what we're supposed to be comparing and contrasting. Might help if they'd been at the same point on the pedal stroke.

Are we looking at how much more efficient Froome is when looking at his power meter than Bertie?
  • rich_pcp
    rich_pcp Posts: 113
    One at the top is in yellow which aint likely to happen again.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I'm pretty sure I've got a better TT position than Froome. I'm a hell of a lot slower though.
  • blinddrew
    blinddrew Posts: 317
    One has funny shaped chainrings?
    Music, beer, sport, repeat...
  • RichN95.
    I may be wrong, but I think the first photo is taken with a slightly fast shutter speed.
  • Milton50 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I've got a better TT position than Froome. I'm a hell of a lot slower though.
    I don't know about that... Froome will always look sort of spread out because he's so lanky, but that doesn't mean he isn't very slippery relative to his height and power.
    1968, human content on bitumen.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    One rider has a TT position that will stand the test of time?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    I may be wrong, but I think the first photo is taken with a slightly fast shutter speed.

Why do you say that?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    How are we supposed to compare when they're at different points in the pedal stroke?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

Why do you say that?
    It's a little less blurry. (I meant to type 'faster', not 'fast' - changes the meaning a little)
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Why do you say that?
    It's a little less blurry. (I meant to type 'faster', not 'fast' - changes the meaning a little)

Possibly especially as he is moving faster. The top one is edited the bottom is not also.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Old school heavyweights forever
    1950coppi-contador.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Old school heavyweights forever
    1950coppi-contador.png
    I often wonder how the older riders would fare on more modern machinery, hard to compare as the stages were much longer years ago so I suppose it would have been a different type of fitness
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Nike Vs Addidas?
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    How are we supposed to compare when they're at different points in the pedal stroke?

Also we don't know whether Bertie's about to fall off his saddle again or not. Good back position or not, his constant shuffling makes him look like a complete bag of spanners while TTing, hardly the master of souplesse some would have us believe he is.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Landis preying mantis position worked for him. Contador does look more compact but he's a totally different build, he does slide up and down all the time as already mentioned and there is absolutely no indication of power or speed in the pictures. I am pretty damn sure that Froomes position has been measured for efficiency. Most likely Sky have got the optimum balance between power and aerodynamics. Everybody knows there is a tradeoff between the two. With maybe the exception of some old school pro cycling teams who are losing the battle to win races.
  • frenchfighter
    Its more about style for me. Chalk and cheese above.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    One's skin suit hasn't faded in the wash.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Sums Frenchie up eh? Given that there is chuff all difference between Froome and Contador...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    610x-43-1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    edited July 2013

yes, we are aware of that. integrity and honesty play no part in your preferences. for you it must 'look good', nothing else matters.

it's a shame.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    So what's your view on all the modern equipment? Up until about 18 months ago, I used to drool over TT machines. For me, they are now starting to look fugly with random extra bits of material designed to smooth / disrupt airflow.
    I think UCI need to have a rethink because the machines already don't look like they want them to. May aswell free up the design constraints.
  • frenchfighter
    I agree, the TT machines now are starting to look as bad as concept cars and are taking on an altogether more space-age feel.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter

yes, we are aware of that. integrity and honesty play no part in your preferences. for you it must 'look good', nothing else matters.

it's a shame.

You are wrong in what you say, as you well know.

I was actually looking for a good photo of Wiggins on a TT machine and was going to c&c another Froome shot :wink:

I am glad you agree that Froome has no style though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

it's a shame.

Like!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Careful!

It's a trap!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,587

it's a shame.

You are wrong in what you say, as you well know.

I was actually looking for a good photo of Wiggins on a TT machine and was going to c&c another Froome shot :wink:

I am glad you agree that Froome has no style though.

Best Wiggins comparison one I can find

1343646994738-1udj9te92c5sh-670-75.jpg

I actually think Froome's position on a TT bike is pretty good considering how bad he looks on a road bike! Dowsett has a good position but I don't think anything matches Wiggins but then he has spent years working to get it just right.
  • frenchfighter
    5ac662d462f4ff1d60e7e1cb8650f458-ge.jpg

Heavyweight from early days. No zero to hero here.
    [deleted by mod due to malware from bikereviews . com. Please DO NOT embed images from this site]
    Contador is the Greatest