Royal baby

2»

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    Would have been a painful birth for poor Kate if the silver spoon got trapped sideways on the way out :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Alitogata
    Alitogata Posts: 148
    hipshot wrote:
    Alitogata wrote:
    Zingaiya wrote:
    I for one welcome the hatching of our new royal lizard.

A baby is another ( little) human being, and is not nice to call it with such characterizations. It is not this baby's fault that media are obsessed with his family and I find it at least tasteless to say such things about a newborn baby.. Anyone's newborn baby.. :(

Yes, perhaps you should direct your sympathy to the ones with nothing but poverty to look forward to who noone gives a sh£t about instead of the single most privileged/protected/feted baby in the country.

If you ( the Britons) don't like Monarchy, you have the right to do a referendum and ask to abort it. This is a political decision and I don't think that this baby has anything to do with it.
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    Moaning about this poor kid already with a silver spoon?

It comes with a shed load of strings attached. Nowhere near as silver spooned as some of the loafish oafs who have inherited vast fortunes from generations gone by and will never have to work a day in their lives.

By contrast, this poor little fecker will be in the world media spotlight, will never have a normal life, is expected to do the same job til he dies. Endless lackys dictating BS protocols, tedious travel to meet heads of state. I'm sure there are some great advantages, but I'd rather be the new kid of some wealthy anonymous banker and live the life of Riley without the media around.

So wipe that chip off your shoulder! :wink:
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I ve heard its to be called. Google , Starbucks , Amazon.

Takes Millions off the U.K Public and pays no Taxes!!!
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    What a lovely baby he is.

royalbaby_zps114a5b1c.jpg
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I've deliberately avoided the coverage, it's cringeworthy. Alright, a heir to the throne has been born but to fill the entire news with views of an entrance to an hospital wing with nowt happening well!

I suppose things will calm down in a week or so then we can get back to bulletins/reports that Nelson Mandella is still alive.

In other news they have charged a man with the murder of PC Blakelock in the Broadwater farm estate riot, eventually.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    William and Kate's life has been relatively peaceful on Anglesey. They've been able to go to the shops like normal people.

But now life will change!... they'll certainly have to think about hiring some more staff.

My god, how will they afford that? To be honest they seem like thoroughly nice people, but the circus that goes with it is fuckin' tiresome.
  • muttley_109
    muttley_109 Posts: 177
    A friend of mine has been busy the last couple of days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atJJ_w3HSw8
    Cannondale CAAD 10
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10
    Bird Zero TR
  • zingaiya
    zingaiya Posts: 52
    Alitogata wrote:
    If you ( the Britons) don't like Monarchy, you have the right to do a referendum and ask to abort it. This is a political decision and I don't think that this baby has anything to do with it.

No. We don't have the right to a referendum on anything. We can try to pressure and/or shame our elected politicians into giving us one, but we have no constitutional right to one.
  • Alitogata
    Alitogata Posts: 148
    Zingaiya wrote:
    Alitogata wrote:

No. We don't have the right to a referendum on anything. We can try to pressure and/or shame our elected politicians into giving us one, but we have no constitutional right to one.

Sorry ... I thought that you had the right to have a referendum by the time that your political system is a constitutional Monarchy. I supposed that you had the right to choose what your political system should be, by the time that you have the right to elections too.

Let me make something clear here. I don't want to be judgmental or criticize another country's political system. I'm neither a fan or enemy of any kind of Monarchy. But if British people feel that the royal family is privileged against British people's well being, then there is no reason to keep on having an institution that doesn't work for them. ( hope I wrote it right and you can get my point). After all French people abolished monarchy on 1789.. is not that new as an idea .. :P :D

On the other hand, I don't feel nice reading vile comments about the new royal baby. I find it as cute as any other newborn baby in this world and I don't think that we have to blame the baby for all wrongs.

Sometimes I think that even royal members wouldn't like to be royals. I can't imagine myself having to deal with THIS!!!! ( what are these "savages" supposed of doing there??!!! :roll: )the next day I've had my first baby.. Isn't enough the stress that a first time mother has already after her childbirth, that brings her life upside town, to have to deal with something like this too?? :roll:
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Alitogata wrote:
    Zingaiya wrote:
    Alitogata wrote:

Sorry ... I thought that you had the right to have a referendum by the time that your political system is a constitutional Monarchy. I supposed that you had the right to choose what your political system should be, by the time that you have the right to elections too.

Let me make something clear here. I don't want to be judgmental or criticize another country's political system. I'm neither a fan or enemy of any kind of Monarchy. But if British people feel that the royal family is privileged against British people's well being, then there is no reason to keep on having an institution that doesn't work for them. ( hope I wrote it right and you can get my point). After all French people abolished monarchy on 1789.. is not that new as an idea .. :P :D

On the other hand, I don't feel nice reading vile comments about the new royal baby. I find it as cute as any other newborn baby in this world and I don't think that we have to blame the baby for all wrongs.

Sometimes I think that even royal members wouldn't like to be royals. I can't imagine myself having to deal with THIS!!!! ( what are these "savages" supposed of doing there??!!! :roll: )the next day I've had my first baby.. Isn't enough the stress that a first time mother has already after her childbirth, that brings her life upside town, to have to deal with something like this too?? :roll:

I get your point and its not the babys fault, i am mildly pro monarchy but feel that perhaps they should be scaled back a little.

Regarding the way the French dealt with the Monarchy I think it is a great idea but wouldnt go down to well. Perhaps instead they should do a dry run on the cast of the only way is Essex.

Out of interest given that the Queen is head of state for other countries as well do they contribute to the cost of running the Monarchy? If not perhaps we should look at a timeshare option.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • zingaiya
    zingaiya Posts: 52
    Cromwell did a decent job of getting rid of the Monarchy in 1649, but it turned out he was an even bigger catastrophe as PM than Blair/Cameron (Brown will just be a footnote in history)

As people have probably guessed, I'm somewhat republican in my views. An inherited caste with money and power by virtue of their forefathers being bigger better murdering barstewards than everyone else is not a sound basis for good governance of the people.

Tourists would still come to see Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle even if nobody lived there.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Apparantly, the midwife was a member of Her Majesty's Secret Cervix...............
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • skylark
    skylark Posts: 445
    Pretty cruel this sort of hierarchical social segregation. It's entirely non-meritocratic because it's based on a social standing.

When the whole world is meant to be trying to go one way you have these discrete pockets of social anomalies around, forcibly standing their ground or heading in the other direction. :lol:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    skylark wrote:
    Pretty cruel this sort of hierarchical social segregation. It's entirely non-meritocratic because it's based on a social standing.

When the whole world is meant to be trying to go one way you have these discrete pockets of social anomalies around, forcibly standing their ground or heading in the other direction. :lol:
    Where are we trying to go?
    Just so I know. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Zingaiya wrote:
    Cromwell did a decent job of getting rid of the Monarchy in 1649, but it turned out he was an even bigger catastrophe as PM than Blair/Cameron (Brown will just be a footnote in history)

As people have probably guessed, I'm somewhat republican in my views. An inherited caste with money and power by virtue of their forefathers being bigger better murdering barstewards than everyone else is not a sound basis for good governance of the people.

Tourists would still come to see Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle even if nobody lived there.

The Monarch has no power. The Queen follows laid down protocols, she doesn't govern. She is a Head of State, a figurehead, probably the most recognisable, especially non executive, figurehead in the world.
    As for inherited wealth, is it all inheritance that you find objectionable or just the Royal Family's?

I am marginally pro monarchy, not because I think I owe a particular family any allegiance, but because if we became a republic, it would affect my life not one jot. We would have replaced a HoS with another with the same authority, and in the process lost something that marks our nation as standing out from the rest. You may not enjoy that uniqueness but there it is.
    We would have implemented change for change's sake.

By the way. How can you be sure that your ancestors led a saintly life of piety?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    skylark wrote:

Thats a wonderfully concise assessment - amongst the illusion of outlay versus income the issue of social segregation and it perpetuation is often overlooked.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • skylark
    skylark Posts: 445
    Thats a wonderfully concise assessment - amongst the illusion of outlay versus income the issue of social segregation and it perpetuation is often overlooked.

That's a wonderfully generous praise. Thank you.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    skylark wrote:

That's a wonderfully generous praise. Thank you.

Get a ******' room, you 2. :lol: