Rank the TdF teams

2»

Comments

• philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    afx237vi wrote:
    We all know no-one pays any attention to the team classification, so here is my ranking of how the teams performed, based on what was expected vs how much they delivered.

1. Sky - Accomplished what they set out to achieve... and in far better style than last year.
    2. Movistar - 3 stage wins, 2 jerseys, and everyone is a little bit in love with Nairo Quintana.
    3. OPQS - Good mix of wins on different terrain.
    4. Argos - Kittel grabbed the headlines, plucky Ned Veelers grabbed our hearts.
    5. Orica - Faded from view after week 1, but still punched way above their weight.
    6. Katusha - J-Rod saved 'em.
    7. Garmin - Talansky shows promise, Martin delivers, the usual crashiness.
    8. Radioshack - Stage win, day in yellow, always on the attack. Schleck as expected.
    9. Astana - Fuglsang did OK. That is literally my only opinion about Astana in this race.
    10. Belkin - Continuing the fine Rabo tradition of their climbers collapsing in the 3rd week.
    11. Saxo Tinkoff - 4th and 5th would be good for most teams, but disappointing for them.
    12. AG2R - Riblon gets one of the most memorable wins of the race.
    13. Lotto - Apart from Greipel's win and Hansen's drink, can't remember much from them.
    14. Cannondale - Seems odd to say Sagan was disappointing... but Sagan was disappointing.
    15. Europcar - Bit rubbish compared to last year.
    16. Vacansoleil - Lots of attacks, zero results.
    17. Euskaltel - No doomed mountain break would be complete without then.
    18. Cofidis - They were sh.t, but slightly less sh.t than expected with Navarro 9th overall.
    19. FDJ - They tried.
    20. Sojasun - Barely remember seeing any of their riders.
    21. Lampre - Oh, hello, here's our daily glimpse of the Lampre jersey as Cunego gets dropped.
    22. BMC - Pretty embarrassing considering their budget and talent.

I think Belkin and Saxo need to be higher.

I think BMC need to be lower. they were absolutely terrible.
  • rickyrider
    rickyrider Posts: 294
    RichN95 wrote:

E Lampre - never has bright pink been so inconspicuous. It seemed like they were hiding from the cops

As Rich says, for a team who ride in lumo pink, I forgot they were even in the race. Maybe it was some kind of Derren Brown experiment?
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    Were BMC there ? They must've been doping and got disqualified early on, surely :?
  • Ag2R for me . Second team overall and a team of very determined climbers with some depth
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    If this video was the TdF then the basketball players are the peloton and the bear is Lampre.
    It'll make sense when you watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    I think people are being a bit harsh on Astana too, remember, they lost their team leader on Stage 6 was it ? Fugslang adopting the role as team leader was a not really in the plan, and by the end they only had five riders.

I'm not an Astana fan, but given the circumstances I think they'll be quite happy.