Sky release Froome data to Equipe

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    rickyrider wrote:
    As I said in the doping thread, I got it direct from a gold medal winning rower from London 2012 that bloods are the only thing they are interested in now. I think that is pretty conclusive that V02 max is indeed very out-dated.

If you'd posted this in the Clinic you'd be told that rowing is a sport Britain is good at, just like track cycling, and as Brailsford was in charge of the GB Olympic track cycling the other Olympics sports teams are clearly in on it and the rowers are likely doping too. Plus that Jurgen Grobler, he's from East Germany (just like Jan Ullrich) and there's been lots of rumours about his training methods and connection to doping before he came over to the UK (this bit is at least true) so he's clearly dodgy and this is further evidence that Froome is indeed doping ;)

Now you put it like that I think you have a point.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,557
    iainf72 wrote:

Interesting, but the thing I noticed most in the article was that Dr. Evil has run a 2h30 marathon!
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    TheBigBean wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Interesting, but the thing I noticed most in the article was that Dr. Evil has run a 2h30 marathon!
    So he was faster than any women when he did that.
    2h 30 is the standard that club athletes try to beat.
    Not my scene but many cycling friends are now club athletes.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Prime586
    Prime586 Posts: 43
    TheBigBean wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I wonder if that was done while developing his 'training plans'?
  • ermintrude
    ermintrude Posts: 514
    ATC - the believers are just sick to death of all the nonsense. I'm mystified as to why people are so bound up with all this pointless conjecture when there's a fantastic Tour to enjoy
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ermintrude wrote:
    ATC - the believers are just sick to death of all the nonsense. I'm mystified as to why people are so bound up with all this pointless conjecture when there's a fantastic Tour to enjoy

I don't the think the Kimmage faithful are sick of all the nonsense though, they thrive on it, they perpetuate it, it's all their interested in, as you say at the expense of the racing.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    deejay wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

So he was faster than any women when he did that.
    2h 30 is the standard that club athletes try to beat.
    Not my scene but many cycling friends are now club athletes.

3 hours is a more realistic standard for most club athletes. Sub 2.45 will get you a UK championships place at the London Marathon. Only 59 men in the country got below 2.30 last year.

Ferrari's time was very respectable, although for some reason the strength in depth 25 years ago was greater than it is now in marathon running, even though at the top end runners are getting faster and faster nowadays.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    A bloke in my office did sub 2:30 in the London last year (or maybe the year before) and he thought his time was "not bad".
  • Coming from a running background I'd say 3 hours was a recognisable target for most club athletes, 2:45 for 'good' club athletes and 2:30 only for the best handful. I realised these wooly terms may not translate to cycling parlance...