Fat, sick and nearly dead.

Keith47
Keith47 Posts: 158
If you didn't see this documentary on channel 5 last night I strongly recommend watching it on catch up, it's quite an eye opener!
I admit to being a strong advocate of juicing, it has literally transformed my weight, health, and general well being. I'm sleeping better, thinking more clearly, and my cycling is improving in leaps and bounds.
If you're inspired to try it, get a hold of any of Jason Vales' books on the subject, you won't be sorry!! :D
The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.

Comments

• schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    I'm guessing your use of the word juicing is not how it's normally used in the world of cycling!
  • Keith47
    schweiz wrote:
    I'm guessing your use of the word juicing is not how it's normally used in the world of cycling!
    Damn!! Didn't think that one through did I? :oops:
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • I'm guessing you had a shite diet before then if you a reliant upon this.

Lance use to have vegetable smoothies every day.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Keith47
    I'm guessing you had a shite diet before then if you a reliant upon this.

Lance use to have vegetable smoothies every day.

I wouldn't have described my diet as shite, I was a competitive natural bodybuilder for decades so nutrition was important for me, but I followed accepted guidelines on food, wholegrain products, Bread, pasta etc ,(i.e. foods that stimulate insulin, the fat producing hormone) fresh meat, and at the bottom of the scale, fruit and veg, which wasn't too bad when I was younger, but at 52 keeping the fat off is a LOT harder, and making the dietary change to predominantly vegetables and fruit has made a huge difference.

Try watching the programme, it really is an eye opener. :)
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ooh, another fad diet...
  • Keith47
    Imposter wrote:
    ooh, another fad diet...

Yeah coz eating fruit and veg rather than Mars bars and cake is soooo faddy.............. :roll:
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Keith47 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    ooh, another fad diet...

Yeah coz eating fruit and veg rather than Mars bars and cake is soooo faddy.............. :roll:

cake & mars bars is at one end of the scale - and fruit & veg only is at the other end of the scale. Somewhere in the middle is something known as 'eating normally'. On the other hand, Jordan did this diet, so it must be good.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Problem with posting on here is that most readers will be eating pretty heathily already, and would rather be out riding than watching yet another 'shocking' documentary about some unfortunate individual who has over-eaten to the point of being morbidly obese (I'm just guessing here...) and has found salvation in a veg based smoothie.

If it's helped you with your weight loss that's good news for you, but don't expect many replies along the lines of "Ooh that's a good idea I must give it a try"
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    That sounds like a great idea, I must give it a try.

I don't need to lose weight but juicing could help me be healthier.

I'm sure there are quite a few members on the forum who have taken up cycling to help with weight loss. Juicing for a few days could give them a kick in the right direction

The obese American trucker in the documentary who transformed his life through juicing has my admiration.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי