The wife's rumbled me....

StorckSpeed
StorckSpeed Posts: 291
edited July 2013 in The cake stop
The worst thing just happened, the wife found a receipt for my frame and now realises the true cost of the bike. This can only have serious repercussions, most likely on my credit card. Nightmare.
There's warp speed - then there's Storck Speed

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    You should try wearing the trousers in your household fella.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    He needs to ask for permission first. :lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Mine rumbled me this morning. It was great but it made us late so I had to drive in instead.

#CloudSilverLining
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Just tell her that you got the shop to give you a receipt for the full RRP for insurance purposes but you got the deal you said :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    I have zero sympathy for you.

You need to work out some foolproof tactics my friend (e.g deny all knowledge of any purchases and instead get it all delivered to work), either that or source one of those neurolizer thingys from Men in Black.

The former work for me (sometimes).
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    No need for secrets from my OH...

a) she's on here, b) she bought me my bike, and the clincher, c) her bike is more expensive than mine :D
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,443
    arran77 wrote:
    Just tell her that you got the shop to give you a receipt for the full RRP for insurance purposes but you got the deal you said :wink:
    This ^^^

And always always..... Wait a min that's not right...... Never never admit to anything. Unless she's walking out the door with the kids, in which case it might be worth a go.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    How far out was it?

You can use C2W to say you can claim the VAT back thereby reducing the deficit by 20%?
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    MTFU and tell her it's your money and you'll spend it how you please!

That's what I'd (like to think I'd) do. :oops:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Zanelad wrote:

Is that before or after you give her a slap :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,443
    arran77 wrote:
    Zanelad wrote:

OMG! You don't slap women! :shock:

Punching is far more manly :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,668
    arran77 wrote:
    If you have to lie rather than just resort to domestic violence like the rest of us, pay for it with two credit cards and show her one of the credit card slips as 'proof'. Worked for me once :oops:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,882
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    If you have to lie rather than just resort to domestic violence like the rest of us, pay for it with two credit cards and show her one of the credit card slips as 'proof'. Worked for me once :oops:

I always keep a slush fund of cash - it gets spent mostly on bike stuff
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I keep my slush fund for hookers and blow - receipts are bit harder to come by for those to show how little you've spent :) .

(Once went to a strip joint in New York when on work and while still hammered thought it was a good idea to keep the receipt for the round of booze that I bought and claim it back as 'entertainment'. Woke up the next morning and looked at the receipt - it had a drawing of what looked like the 'Angel of the North' with a massive pair of norks and the moniker at the top 'XXX The World Famous Runway 69 XXX'. I soon canned that idea).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Trouble is, it doesn't matter how you play your hand, a woman always holds the Ace of Trumps, which she will play next time you have a raging hard on. :roll:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I keep my slush fund for hookers and blow - receipts are bit harder to come by for those to show how little you've spent :) .

(Once went to a strip joint in New York when on work and while still hammered thought it was a good idea to keep the receipt for the round of booze that I bought and claim it back as 'entertainment'. Woke up the next morning and looked at the receipt - it had a drawing of what looked like the 'Angel of the North' with a massive pair of norks and the moniker at the top 'XXX The World Famous Runway 69 XXX'. I soon canned that idea).

Lol - then again works work and if taking the client there is what the client wanted......
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Lol - then again works work and if taking the client there is what the client wanted......
    Heh, I was the client :mrgreen:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Heh, I was the client :mrgreen:

If that's what it takes to screw the best deal out of them - you have to claim it!

I have a similar story about a whore house in ypres, a load of us drinking and one puny local guy trying to get one of the smaller fatties. Again it was work(ish - rally) but didn't claim
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    CiB wrote:
    Mine rumbled me this morning. It was great but it made us late so I had to drive in instead.

#CloudSilverLining

I thought cyclists didn't like rumble strips?
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Zanelad wrote:

OMG! You don't slap women! :shock:

Punching is far more manly :lol:

punching through a cushion doesn't leave bruises, .. err apparently :):)
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    My mate's wif once rumbled him - on their wedding day, thanks to the best man's speech,
    which went something like this...
    'Lynsey thinks Jason has had one bike for the last 10 years - a blue one.
    She's partially right - it's just that she doesn't realise that he's a had SEVERAL blue bikes...
    a blue Cannondale
    a blue Felt
    a blue Colnago
    and last but not least - a custom painted (the same blue as the Colnago!)
    a blue Trek Madone.'

Cue lots of laughter from the (male) cyclists in the room.
    Not so much from the bride :D

My recurring nightmare is that I die, and the wife sells all my toys,
    for the price I told her I paid for them!
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The penny has dropped with Mrs Tank she realises I spend what I like on bike stuff and there's not a lot she can do about it.

I only spend what I can afford anyway.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The penny has dropped with Mrs Tank she realises I spend what I like on bike stuff and there's not a lot she can do about it.

I only spend what I can afford anyway.

I wonder how many women are laughing at all the lads on here being smug about keeping their missus in the dark, knowing that they spend a secret fortune on shoes and clothes?
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    Don't forget the haircuts. Fifteen quid spent fifteen or so years ago on clippers has definitely put me in credit on the tonsorial front.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    prb007 wrote:
    My mate's wif once rumbled him - on their wedding day, thanks to the best man's speech,
    She's partially right - it's just that she doesn't realise that he's a had SEVERAL blue bikes...
    a blue Cannondale
    a blue Felt
    a blue Colnago
    a blue Trek Madone.'

That's awesome! Before I got my carbon CR1 I did consider buying another Trek in the same colour scheme as the one I had.
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    prb007 wrote:
    a blue Cannondale
    a blue Felt
    a blue Colnago
    a blue Trek Madone.'

That's awesome! Before I got my carbon CR1 I did consider buying another Trek in the same colour scheme as the one I had.

Must admit, I once ordered a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbones, to arrive on a day that I knew SWMBO would
    be at work, unboxed them, fitted them, and rode them, then destroyed the evidence, before she knew
    anything about it!
    Was tempted to try it again, recently, by replacing my battered 4 year old Felt Compulsion, with
    a shiny new Titus (both white!) :D
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164

You should try wearing the lycra in your household fella.

corrected at no extra charge.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    I just tell her that cost is immaterial, because I'll be able to sell it for 90% of RRP on Bikeradar in a year's time....!
  • My wife found out that my LBS keeps a list of everything I've bought there. This will go one of two ways.....
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Last time I was in the LBS with my wife and my daughter, the shop owner kindly gave my daughter a brand new helmet for free to encourage her with her cycling. Needless to say my wife just looked at me quizzically and as we left the shop whispered gently "and how much did that bloody helmet actually cost ?"