Peter Sagan

2»

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    ddraver wrote:
    Non bunch sprinter in not winning bunch sprint shock!

This.

OP failing to remember the look of horror on LLS face when Sagan climbed back up to his wheel on the Mur de Péguère last year?

Sagan himself says he will never beat Cav in a straight up sprint. Much the same way Cav will never climb back to the wheel of LLS on the Mur de Péguère.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Sagan could have won yesterday if he'd had a proper lead out train, he's just as capable hence 3 x second places and a third so far. The difference between those seconds and a win is no more than @ bike length so a little better organization would have had him there.

He's a fantastically gifted athlete, both as a sprinter and climber (dream combination) but he needs to get into the right team to set his career win counter into fast forward.

As it stands he wears the green jersey but no wins - burning way more gas than Froome, Cadel, Bertie etc.. so you have to question how many more stages he can keep this effort up before fading. Which was my initial point.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    calvjones wrote:
    Hold on - I thought EBH was the Wunderkid gone off the boil. I really must keep up. [shakes head]

Yes, he is and even he beat Sagan in a sprint just to show how bad Sagan has become. It's terrible seeing the once mighty crash and burn like this.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Whats the Slovak for Boom?!

Easy! Easy! Easy! Easy!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    DPt
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwTy3N5T9uw

Fontana is maybe 3rd best XCO rider in the world at the moment FYI...

29ers look stupid in "freeride" vids
    - @ddraver
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Those front "forks" are a bit odd to say the least. Never had a go on one though so mustn't be over critical.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    You could change a puncture without removing the wheel I presume. Like to see a road bike with that fork. Nice vid though - I know it is a promovid etc etc, but Sagan looked to be having loads of fun just riding his bike. Lovely.
  • ddraver
    Cannondale have always been weird havent they...

They re very light compared to most older suspension forks but they ve pretty much caught up now. They re kinda just for pure racers now
    - @ddraver