Peter Sagan

Bo Duke
Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
edited May 2014 in Pro race
Two 2nd places and a weak 3rd in stage 5, has he shot his bolt?

The overhead view of the last 150m shows he made no impact on Cav nor EBH whatsoever.
'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP

Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Yeah, he's finished. Clearly overhyped
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    FJS wrote:
    Yeah, he's finished. Clearly overhyped
    Cav too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Sagan would never beat the likes of EBH - he's the new Eddy Merckx don't ya know?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    whos Sagan?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Useless, I mean he's just haemorrhaging Green Jersey Points isnt he? *shakes head pitifully*
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,396
    He never had it in the first place to lose, did he? :roll:
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Pitiful stuff.

If you're going to troll, at least put some effort in.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited July 2013
    Golly. Looks like a few PTP disappointments are being laid at the door of the OP. What's up with suggesting that Sagan's having a difficult second album? A Gerrans gubbing would have been a big surprise last year. (Sagan was injured in the Stage 1 pile-up blah blah). With a flat bunch finish, a breakaway stage, then mountains, the pressure for a win will pile up. All those finish line theatrics gone to waste.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Macaloon wrote:
    All those finish line theatrics gone to waste.

There is a god! :D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Hold on - I thought EBH was the Wunderkid gone off the boil. I really must keep up. [shakes head]

Strava is not Zen.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    calvjones wrote:
    Hold on - I thought EBH was the Wunderkid gone off the boil. I really must keep up. [shakes head]

Its an unforgiving sport
  • ddraver
    Macaloon wrote:
    Golly. Looks like a few PTP disappointments are being laid at the door of the OP. What's up with suggesting that Sagan's having a difficult second album? A Gerrans gubbing would have been a big surprise last year. (Sagan was injured in the Stage 1 pile-up blah blah). With a flat bunch finish, a breakaway stage, then mountains, the pressure for a win will pile-up. All those finish line theatrics gone to waste.

Becasue he's not having a difficut second album?

He's been nailed on to win te GJ since Stage 2 and he has nt even had a finish that suits him yet. May I remind you that his natural competitors are Messers Gilbert and Rodriguez not Cavendish and Greipel.

I picked him because I thought Cav would nt get over the final climbs, not because i thought he'd win a proper bunch gallop (and he was faster over the last 50m than Cav!)
    - @ddraver
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Macaloon wrote:
    Golly. Looks like a few PTP disappointments are being laid at the door of the OP. What's up with suggesting that Sagan's having a difficult second album? A Gerrans gubbing would have been a big surprise last year. (Sagan was injured in the Stage 1 pile-up blah blah). With a flat bunch finish, a breakaway stage, then mountains, the pressure for a win will pile-up. All those finish line theatrics gone to waste.

Last year's Tour route suited him much more than this. And if he's comfortably in Green there will be limited pressure for a stage win.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Richmond Racer
    edited July 2013
    ddraver wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

He's been nailed on to win te GJ since Stage 2 and he has nt even had a finish that suits him yet. May I remind you that his natural competitors are Messers Gilbert and Rodriguez not Cavendish and Greipel.

I picked him because I thought Cav would nt get over the final climbs, not because i thought he'd win a proper bunch gallop (and he was faster over the last 50m than Cav!)

Ahem. Stages 2 and 3 had his names on them. And he got outsprinted by Gerro on Stage 3 - not Cav or Griepel, but Gerro.

I believe there's mutterings that he's not 100% after crashing on St 1...
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    He's going to be meaner than a junk yard dog the longer it goes without a win. Having said that it is no bad thing for someone so talented and young not to have his own way for a bit. I think Cav seems to have been less tw@ttish since he had that dry start to a TDF and then cried his eyes out on the podium when he eventually broke the tour duck that year.

Since then he has been brought down and forced out of sprint finishes through the fault of others but seems a bit more philosophical about it...or maybe it's because he's so stinking rich and has won everything that cycling could offer him!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    He's good, but he's no Simon Gerrans....

Bah, far too slow.
  • Richmond Racer
    He's going to be meaner than a junk yard dog the longer it goes without a win. Having said that it is no bad thing for someone so talented and young not to have his own way for a bit. I think Cav seems to have been less tw@ttish since he had that dry start to a TDF and then cried his eyes out on the podium when he eventually broke the tour duck that year.

Since then he has been brought down and forced out of sprint finishes through the fault of others but seems a bit more philosophical about it...or maybe it's because he's so stinking rich and has won everything that cycling could offer him!

Agree - he's been feted as the Second Coming, and it wont do him any harm to be beaten a few times.
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

Ahem. Stages 2 and 3 had his names on them. And he got outsprinted by Gerro on Stage 3 - not Cav or Griepel, but Gerro.

I believe there's mutterings that he's not 100% after crashing on St 1...

The Same Gerro that outpowered one Fabian Cancellara at MSR?

People might dismiss him because he's not pretty but to say Gerro isnt handy in a sprint?
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon wrote:

Cycling would be such a boring sport if everyone was as flamboyant as Bernhard von Eisel.
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

Cycling would be such a boring sport if everyone was as flamboyant as Bernhard von Eisel.

DONT YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING AGAINST THE BERNIE!
  • Macaloon

Let himself go, hasn't he? Yet another Cav nursemaid that can't cut the mustard without his master's voice piloting the fish.
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:

Let himself go, hasn't he? Yet another Cav nursemaid that can't cut the mustard without his master's voice piloting the fish.

Shurrup

*sulks, and has more coffee*
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Watch it Maca RR and I will give you a wedgie. :P

But back to Sagan, it will do him no harm to not win for a few stages, this is the Tour de France not the Amgen Tour of California and he has been a bit hurty since the crash.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Watch it Maca RR and I will give you a wedgie. :P

But back to Sagan, it will do him no harm to not win for a few stages, this is the Tour de France not the Amgen Tour of California and he has been a bit hurty since the crash.

You are Paul Sherwen and I claim my prize
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Bo Duke
    Some great reactions from the armchair warriors...... reading what they want to see as opposed to what was written. Bah.

2 seconds and a third with harder climbs/stages beckoning, has he blown his chance of picking up multiple stage wins in this years tour.

No, no, lets focus on sarcasm and the magic 'Troll' word (10 extra points for getting that word in first). Come on lads, pull your pants up and stay focused.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • ddraver
    Aww bless did the nasty forum not take your nonsense post seriouswy?
    - @ddraver
  • Bo Duke
    ddraver wrote:
    Aww bless did the nasty forum not take your nonsense post seriouswy?
    Nah don't worry mate, I'm way too old to get upset over that! :wink:
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Some great reactions from the armchair warriors...... reading what they want to see as opposed to what was written. Bah.

2 seconds and a third with harder climbs/stages beckoning, has he blown his chance of picking up multiple stage wins in this years tour.

No, no, lets focus on sarcasm and the magic 'Troll' word (10 extra points for getting that word in first). Come on lads, pull your pants up and stay focused.

I did read what you wrote, mate. And I thought it must be a wind up. But now you've made it clear that 'shot his bolt' means 'multiple stage wins in this year's tour', it's not an unreasonable point.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Bo Duke
    "I told you so". :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • ddraver
    Non bunch sprinter in not winning bunch sprint shock!
    - @ddraver