Turbo Vs exercise Bike

davoj
davoj Posts: 190
Hi Guys,

I planning ahead for the winter and was wondering do anyone of ye have a decent exercise/spinning bike over a turbo trainer?

Argos sell a spinning bike for about £170 and was considering this over a turbo trainer.Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• I have always found indoor trainers to feel horrible compared to using a turbo. The good thing about the turbo is your using your bike,pedals,shoes etc. so it will feel better in my experience but everyone is different.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Exorcist bikes are the work of the devil, avoid at all costs :shock:

The saddle does not fit the human form, oh unless you weigh 200kgs and have an extremely large ar5e, the position is nothing like your bike, the saddle height is not adjustable by fine increments, the pedal to saddle angle is not like a bike, the pedals are further apart than a normal bottom bracket so not that good for your knees, the pedal spindle is 1/2 inch not 9/16 inch so you cant fit your clipless pedals to it!

Only my opinion and is only based on riding an exocist bike four times a day for two years, so perhaps I didn't give it a fair test :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    forget an exercise bike - different position, different saddle, different drivetrain = very different cycling experience

get your bike on a turbo or rollers and ride the same bike in the same position and make some decent fitness gains
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...