Big ask for Cav?

2»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Green jersey is the one with most stage wins.

:?:

No it is a prize for the person with the most number of points. It is possible to win the Green Jersey and never actually win a stage.

I was misquoting someone else......

FTFY

:wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Green jersey winner or well on the road towards EM's stage win total. Cav only has one thing on his mind, and rightly so because Wiggo's girl can climb better than Cav.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    I agree. 100 plus career wins looks much better than 4 green jerseys.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Prudhoum then tweaked the points because he thought that Cav should win Green, which worked in 2011 and he did contest the intermediates in 2012 before the gap to Sagan was too big.
    I agree his primary motivation will always be stage wins.

Confused. He won the points classification at the TdF in 2011.

TBH, if I was Cavendish, I would forget it and go for stage wins. He's well within reach of winning more TdF stages than anyone else. I don't see him winning more TdF points competitions than Zabel.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Prudhoum then tweaked the points because he thought that Cav should win Green, which worked in 2011 and he did contest the intermediates in 2012 before the gap to Sagan was too big.
    I agree his primary motivation will always be stage wins.

Confused. He won the points classification at the TdF in 2011.

TBH, if I was Cavendish, I would forget it and go for stage wins. He's well within reach of winning more TdF stages than anyone else. I don't see him winning more TdF points competitions than Zabel.

That's what I thought I said - Prudhomme tweaked the points so Cav could win (by increasing the points for sprint victories)?
    Agree completely with last paragraph.
  • greasedscotsman
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    That's what I thought I said - Prudhomme tweaked the points so Cav could win (by increasing the points for sprint victories)?

Oh right, sorry. Misread your post. I thought they had changed the points allocation for intermediate sprints to make it harder for Cavendish to win.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Make the green a sprinter's jersey and bring back the combined!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Oh right, sorry. Misread your post. I thought they had changed the points allocation for intermediate sprints to make it harder for Cavendish to win.

Actually, at the same time they increased the points for a flat stage win they also increased the points on offer for an intermediate sprint - including how many placings counted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points_cla ... _de_France
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Bit of both, really - the change to the finishing points made it easier because there's a bigger gap between places on a sprint stage than before, but the change to the intermediates means that anyone chasing green almost certainly has to put some effort into competing, or at least minimising losses. On the flat stages in particular, it introduces an element of strategy about how much effort you should risk.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    They should combine the internediate sprint points with the most attacking rider prize and create the panache jersey.

Green should be for the most consistent finisher - same points on all stages
  • greasedscotsman
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ...and create the panache jersey.

And it should look like this!

yhst-64080526985815_2268_110928727
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ...and create the panache jersey.

And it should look like this!

yhst-64080526985815_2268_110928727