Cav?

2»

Comments

• junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    I don't like his persona, but I respect his ability on the bike. Fair enough he needs a team to drag him to the finish line, but there's no-one in the world that can out-sprint him, proven time and time and time again. There's simply no denying he's a class act at what he does.

You don't have to like someone's personality to respect them as a sportsman, and I'm sure he doesn't care if you like or dislike him.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Yossie wrote:
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.
    Were you by the roadside today? :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Yossie
    Unfortunately not - crap hats got in the way. Got to electrocute someone though so all good fun.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I hope the person gets jail for this as well as a huge fine.
    What is up with these people ?
    Living MY dream.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    GiantMike wrote:
    When I did the Tour in 2010 I shared a room with Cav .

Come again?? You did the tour? Who are you dude, i'm genuinely curious and impressed!

Also on a side note, at least Cav got a yellow jersey of some form today! :lol:
  • Yossie
    Yup - GiantM did it years ago - we tend to mock him occasionally about it but he did alright to tell the truth.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I used to be a Screw, The last time someone threw a pot of piss at me, on opening a door I developed a reflex involving an extendable baton and their thigh. Like I said used to be.

There is no lower human act in my view, and Cav did well not to chin him. I have the same view and reaction to being spat at in the face whilst playing football, unfortunately I cant carry an extendable baton doing that.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    tim wand wrote:
    I used to be a Screw, The last time someone threw a pot of wee-wee at me, on opening a door I developed a reflex involving an extendable baton and their thigh. Like I said used to be.

There is no lower human act in my view, and Cav did well not to chin him. I have the same view and reaction to being spat at in the face whilst playing football, unfortunately I cant carry an extendable baton doing that.

+1 (except I wasn't a screw, but I have had p1ss throwh over me at music festivals :x )

The act is disgusting and anyone doing it deserves a sound thrashing !!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yossie
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... erium.html

Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Now it seems that even the Dutch think he's a schmuck

I am Cavendouche - the lord of the idiots.
  • VTech
    Yossie wrote:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/mark-cavendish/10173854/Mark-Cavendish-persona-non-grata-at-Dutch-criterium.html

Can I ask you what achievements you have made in your life yossie ?
    Living MY dream.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The Dutch are, of course, famous for their sense of fair play.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Yossie
    Nah - the Dutch rock. Incredibly cool people, well chilled out. Never met a bad one. Can't say the same for the Manx of course.......
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Oh, I like them as people, as long as they aren't playing sport.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Yossie wrote:
    Nah - the Dutch rock. Incredibly cool people, well chilled out. Never met a bad one. Can't say the same for the Manx of course.......

Yer Gotta love the Dutch.

chc1.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Who doesn't hate a German with a Perm and H iLites?
  • Yossie
    Yer gotta love the Germans

<cue picture of German 'keeper taking out French bloke. Or the concentration camps.>

One of the two I suppose.

I tried to find a picture of Ropy Keane snapping that blokes cruciate so we could have a "Yer gotta love the Irish" post as well but couldn't be arsed.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,428
    VTech wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/mark-cavendish/10173854/Mark-Cavendish-persona-non-grata-at-Dutch-criterium.html

Can I ask you what achievements you have made in your life yossie ?

Personality goes a heck of a long way. I do not care how successfull someone is, it does not give them a right to act like a tw@t. In his first years as a pro, he passed Cipollini in a TT and pulled his foot out of the cleat and wiggled it just as he passed him, how disrespectful is that?
    When Hushovd won the green jersey, did the peloton 'let him go' so that he could claim the intermediates on that wet rollomg stage that no sprinter should have managed just so that he could get the Green and prevent Cav?
    As professional rider, making enemies in the peloton is a very bad idea considering you have to race with them all year round. Remember Robert Millar (superb cyclist) in the Vuelta? Is there any chance per say that if he had not been such an awkward sarcastic plonker of a man, he would have won the Vuelta that year?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • VTech
    I think that truth is different when within the circles.

I can assure you that I have been involved in many aspects of famous and successful people and in almost all cases people have been trodden on to allow others to get to the top.

I am not saying this is the pinnacle of social behaviour but its fact. Most of the sportsmen we all adore have put themselves first and disrespected the opposition on more than one occasion I assure you :)
    Living MY dream.