POLL: Wyndy Milla - would the 'look' stop you buying?

2»

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    In short, yes.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    mfin wrote:
    The saving grace is a lot of people have no real taste, so it doesn't matter, they'd just be pleased get something personalised. I mean, if people all had taste, why are the roads 95% full of awful looking cars, a lot of people actually choose to buy these cars (apart from force feeding company car models) with one of the main reasons being that they like the look of them!

Ha ha ha, so true lol.

I often wonder about the car thing too. What boggles my mind is not so much the people who buy them, or even the people who designed them, It's the people they would have shown their crap design to that said....."yeah, that looks great.....well done, lets put that into production" :shock:

People with lots of money and no taste are my favourite. It's fairly tough to buy an expensive bad taste car, so their house and drive often look quite nice. Then you go inside their house where there is not a similar level of protection and bam, bad taste overload :lol:
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Saw one of the MG Maxifuel guys riding one on Thursday at Rockingham and they look great to be honest

but does anything look good if it matches your kit?

Were you wearing Oxford Uni kit by any chance??
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Saw one of the MG Maxifuel guys riding one on Thursday at Rockingham and they look great to be honest

but does anything look good if it matches your kit?

Were you wearing Oxford Uni kit by any chance??

Yes
  • The colour of the top bike reminds me of the Smurfs....The graphics also look a bit cartoon like. I wouldn't ride one :oops:
  • ianwilliams
    ianwilliams Posts: 257
    I think their graphics and name are a key part of their marketing - they don't work against it.

Ultimately you are going to struggle against some of the big global players if you try and play them at their game. So you have to play a different game. Oddball graphics, bright colours and a unique name are one way to do that. Go after a specific, niche market instead of the generic, mass market which will always be dominated by price and ad budgets.

Personally, I don't like the paintjobs I've seen, or the name. But then I wouldn't be the customer they are after.