New to road. Why wear lycra?

2»

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I wear lycra as I'm (fairly) comfortable with my sexuality.

Maybe.

Am I?
  • CoticSoda
    CoticSoda Posts: 11
    Whatever you wear just don't be a nobber in Pro Kit!

https://www.facebook.com/FullProKitW

^^Funny Page^^

You've got to wear lycra though, more aero, more comfortable, you don't need the trapped air of baggy kit. It's the right thing to do!
  • lm_trek
    lm_trek Posts: 1,470
    Generally wear what your comfortable in. im a mtb'er at heart and will continue to wear baggies over a padded inner, although i have brought some proper roadie lycra shorts but still prefer the baggy over the top. Cycling top wise ive brought some commuter stuff from Rapha a bit pricy but they look more casual than the serious stuff, they have one pocket for jelly beans.

Tempted to join the road warriors and get a team top, but the main thing is to enjoy being out on the bike, today a casual ride with the oh, pub lunch then a cycle home.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I was an MTB'er to start with too.

I've actually started taking lycra back over the divide to MTBing. The padded shorts are far superior to any of the baggies or undershorts i had been using. I do tend to pop some unpadded baggies over the top for fashion i guess. I dunno, lycra shorts on the mountain bike makes me feel naked somehow.

When on the roady though, full lycra all the way. Its greasy fast and my arse looks sensational.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    As above, mainly because I look great in it. Fatsters wear baggies and I aint no fatster.
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    I wear a t-shirt and walking pants that can be zipped off from the knee and converted into shorts should the temperature dictate.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I wear lycra because it isn't socially acceptable to cycle naked...... Apparently

First time I went out in lycra, I actually felt 'naked'.

Nice :lol::lol::lol: