standard spec of diamondback mt30 Now With Pics

2»

Comments

• cooldad wrote:
    It would probably be too short - 230 minus 25 is 205. And too short is disastrous so either make sure the steerer is long enough or meausre it properly

thanks for that.I was under the impression there were only 2 sizes as 175 and 200 are the only ones I ever see advertised
    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.Its even nicer to be extremely violent to those who arent nice to you!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If you are looking at second hand they will have been cut to fit the frame.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    If you are looking at second hand they will have been cut to fit the frame.

yes looking on ebay/gumtree etc. hadnt realised they could be cut.Is this why I have 5 spacers on mine? due to being longer in standard form? I can see the importance of not getting to short a one now,
    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.Its even nicer to be extremely violent to those who arent nice to you!
  • cooldad
    Yep and yep.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Picking up my first upgrade tonight.will be adding one every 4 weeks or so.this is a set of 2011 rockshox toras,brand new unused as taken off new upgraded bike and stored.used my sad eyes/hagglin skills and bought for £70.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have to say that steerer doesn't look terribly long!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • He said 215mm but i will measure before purchase tonight.also being wary after talking to him.
  • walked away from the deal.Very dodgy character with more pills laying around than he had furniture.
    Ive decided not to bother upgrading or trying to make bike much lighter.Far too much cost involved,even secondhand and my knowledge isnt up to scratch and would have to ask everything here.I love the bike so going to keep it the way it is for now and concentrating on riding it rather than working on it.Thanks for all your help.Regards Gordy
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I reckon it's for the best, really. Here's s tip for you, never EVER ask here whether an upgrade is suitable, about 90% of the population here seems to be of the "I have more money than sense, and buying new shiny makes me a better person" category :lol:
  • cooldad
    True about most, but some of us are actually perfect.
    Just avoid the Welsh midgets with a penchant for sheep.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    cooldad wrote:
    True about most, but some of us are actually perfect.
    Just avoid the Welsh midgets with a penchant for sheep.
    Will do.