Gatorade

2»

Comments

• shortcuts
    shortcuts Posts: 366
    My my. Is it 'Pedants get out of the wrong side of the bed day' today :D
  • NUFCrichard
    NUFCrichard Posts: 103
    It looks like a decent deal to be honest, if you can be bothered to fulfill the conditions. The odds suggest Froome has a 78% chance of winning, but if something goes wrong I think Porte will be close by anyway.

I tend to think of Gatorade as something kids drink, but I think they have some real sports drinks too, I might see if anthing takes my fancy.

You need to change the battery in your calculator. Current odds 1.82 on the exchanges equates to 55%! :)

Poor from me, you are of course correct. Porte has about a 4% chance of winning too so lets call it 60% chance for Sky. Still not bad, though I am not convinced of how good the products are. The recovery drink seems light on carbs and protein!

Just to clarify something that is already pretty clear, point 3 in T&Cs:
    If a Team Sky rider wins the Tour de France 2013, Gatorade will refund any Gatorade products purchased from participating stores, in the 10 weeks leading up to the start of the tour.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    smidsy wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    if any Team Sky rider wins (again).
    The word 'again' is being used for context because a member of the Sky team won the event last year.

You have change the context.

The only Sky rider that can win again is Wiggo. Any other Sky rider who wins this time simply wins.

The use of any in the original (quoted direct from their site) scentence is superfluous in that context.

Just because your understanding of grammer is wrong does not make my logic wrong.

Or they are saying "since Team Sky won last year, if one of our riders wins again, everything is free"

Which is what I see is being said. Nothing wrong with my grammar either. If you want to try to known someone for their grammar, you may want to start by spelling the damn word right, which does not have an E in it, but rather an A.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Slowbike wrote:
    We know what it means - it's just not what it says ...

This ^^
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    2 pages on grammar???

I reckon I'll need a legal team to get any money out of Gatorade if any member of team sky wins!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    If you want to try to known someone for their grammar, you may want to start by spelling the damn word right, which does not have an E in it, but rather an A.

That is spelling not grammar, totally different :D
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • nick1972
    nick1972 Posts: 144
    Oh my christ what have I started. I thought my question was quite simple and straight forward...
  • smidsy
    Or they are saying "since Team Sky won last year, if one of our riders wins again, everything is free"

No, no, no. That IS exactly what they already said (different words perhaps).

That statement is no more correct than the original. None of their riders can win again because none of the ones taking part has won before :wink:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • MountainMonster
    smidsy wrote:
    If you want to try to known someone for their grammar, you may want to start by spelling the damn word right, which does not have an E in it, but rather an A.

That is spelling not grammar, totally different :D
    Yes, it is. But at least try to knock someone correctly, rather than knocking them for something you can't even spell.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    edited June 2013
    Nick1972 wrote:
    Oh my christ what have I started. I thought my question was quite simple and straight forward...

It was. Unfortunately, some of BR's finest, elite half-wits turned up.
  • smidsy
    That made me smile.

On reflection though I think you are being a little harsh on yourself.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • MountainMonster
    smidsy wrote:
    That made me smile.

Za-Zing :P
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    smidsy wrote:
    That made me smile.

ha, I see what you did there. Comic genius (assuming you are 12)...
  • smidsy
    Ok that seems like a sensible place to draw this to a close.

Happy riding everyone.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    This is kind of like that thing they write on cans; 'Shake well before serving'.

Do they mean give it a damn good shake?

Or do they mean shake it about an hour before you serve it?

:D
  • Direct cut and pasted quote from Gatorade's facebook page

"Do you think a Team Sky rider will repeat Bradley Wiggins's Tour de France victory next month? If so, grab some Gatorade because if we make it two wins from two, Gatorade UK will refund ALL purchases of their products made up to Saturday 29 June. Nice!"
    https://www.facebook.com/gatoradeuk

seems clear to me

(by the way, this thread has made my day!)
  • MountainMonster
    And we were right. It was the team they were talking about.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    And we were right. It was the team they were talking about.
    We were ever wrong - we knew what they meant even if the text said something a little different.