Cookson doing a Twitter Q&A

2»

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ^Iain's conclusions

Offering 'the hordes' what they want? Who are they then?

As for pretty pics, I suspect that the Feds for whom MTB and CX are priorities will be a bit more interested in words and commitments, rather than pics in his dokko.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/opi ... n-strategy

Politics is such a dirty game, you're always someones bitch
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I'm struggling to understand the twaliban view that because Cookson is nt the angel from heaven that they think they deserve (but cannot name) that they'd rather stick with the bloke who has presided over the mess they hate so much for the last 8 years...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the twaliban view that because Cookson is nt the angel from heaven that they think they deserve (but cannot name) that they'd rather stick with the bloke who has presided over the mess they hate so much for the last 8 years...

The Twaliban/Doperati make the mistake of thinking they have a vote in all of this.

They are singularly mistaken.

42 Fed delegates have the vote. That's it.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    iainf72 wrote:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/opinion-cookson-the-zero-communication-strategy

Politics is such a dirty game, you're always someones *****
    What an appalling piece with no substance to it. Cyclingnews should be embarrassed to have published that.
  • Richmond Racer
    DeadCalm wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/opinion-cookson-the-zero-communication-strategy

What an appalling piece with no substance to it. Cyclingnews should be embarrassed to have published that.

Cyclingnews is the Daily Mail of digi cycling media, and has been for ages under Benson. Its all about the clicks. At the same time as Benson usually being JV's beatch.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ddraver wrote:

The Twaliban/Doperati make the mistake of thinking they have a vote in all of this.

Yeah, I wasnt conferring any amount on intelligence on them...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Yeah, I wasnt conferring any amount on intelligence on them...

Oh, I wouldnt dream of you doing such a thing... :)

They're so wrapped up in their self-importance that they think they've earned the right to decide who should be UCI Prez.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ddraver wrote:
    It's the internet. You can't be seen to approve of anything, otherwise you can viewed as wrong somewhere down the line. It's better to support a more radical, impossible option. No chance of being wrong then.
    UCI corruption and cover up is a good fall back position when there is no scrap of evidence to support their views, so it would be foolish to get rid of that get of of jail free card.

To win at the internet, it is not important to be right, but it is vital not to be seen as wrong.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    DeadCalm wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Interesting that for the main part the posters adding their comments below the article, are giving it and the journo a right old shoeing