It's a small World...

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Why the supposed difference in education? Or was Froome actually also schooled in similar luxury with an easy life?
    There's no discrepency. Chris went to posh school in South Africa, his brother went to posh school in England.

Their family had money. So what. The Tourmalet doesn't know which school you went to.

(This probably isn't the time to point out that the Froomes part own the Kenyan resort where Prince William proposed to Kate Middleton)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ok thanks for the info. More reasons not to back the bloke.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Interesting viewpoint from a banker...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Reverse snobbery is ridiculous at the best of times
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    At least your opinions are consistently inconsistent.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Why the supposed difference in education? Or was Froome actually also schooled in similar luxury with an easy life?
    Contador`s family on the other hand was so poor that they couldn`t even afford to buy him a bike.
    Glad I am long the Froome/Contador spread.
    Couldn't afford a bike but doesn't seem to have a problem paying the pharmacy bills.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Some people have gone to extreme lengths to block all Sky radiation this Summer.
    [Source: FF at peak Ambassador Micron crush, I believe.]

2b7dys.png
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    dougzz wrote:
    Contador`s family on the other hand was so poor that they couldn`t even afford to buy him a bike.
    Glad I am long the Froome/Contador spread.
    Couldn't afford a bike but doesn't seem to have a problem paying the pharmacy bills.

Let them eat steak! :wink: :shock: :? :evil:

Sorry, so so sorry, please don't hate me, please, I just couldn't help myself. Sorry. :cry: I promise never to do it again. :oops:

Right back to the conference paper...
    Correlation is not causation.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

What do you think of Roman K?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    iainf72 wrote:

What do you think of Roman K?

Before you try and catch me out I know where he is from but I also know his path and opinions.

As a rider I like him.

As a general point I respect those who came from little more than I do those who came from everything. It`s an interesting discussion but this isn`t the place for it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Still only understanding half of what you say Macaloon. Must be a twitter thing or just a general style of oddness (but which isnt necessarily bad).

I see the ppl I have on block are still posting like crazy when I post. Little finger.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Still only understanding half of what you say Macaloon. Must be a twitter thing or just a general style of oddness (but which isnt necessarily bad).

I see the ppl I have on block are still posting like crazy when I post. Little finger.

That's twice as much as me. We'll get there soldier.

Edit: Now I see what flummoxed you. At the time I took the screenshot, you were in peak meta-commentary by avatar mode. And Ambassador Micron was in the house teaching us how to use Twitter. (She a good teacher)
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Macaloon wrote:
    St Christopher Froome gives irascible Sir Bradley Wiggins a good briefing prior to the epochal Alpe Duet stage in the 2013 Tour.

Tim-McInnerny-left-and-Ro-007.jpg

This deserved more applause. *claps*
  • Macaloon
    nic_77 wrote:
    This deserved more applause. *claps*

Cheers, nic. Btw I often think a fusion of your 'If cyclists were fruit' infographic, and FF's Bike Radar poster category wallchart would help with rapid contributor bias acquisition.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    nic_77 wrote:
    That Mad Rapper was once leading the fight against doping with his probing posts and cynical views. Now he's just another wretched Sky fanboy in bed with the enemy. No credibility. It's like Walsh all over again.

Absolute genius! What can I say? I'm on the train :wink:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    RichN95 wrote:
    His brother (I think he has two) is about ten years older.

More. I'm 39 and he looks older than me. But then I look ancient so that's perhaps not a very good guide! :wink: