Pinayellow Dogma 65.1 TDF Edition

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    ellj22 wrote:
    Larger ring sizes and higher tensions decrease driveline friction. Read here;

http://www.ihpva.org/HParchive/PDF/hp50-2000.pdf

We are talking about marginal gains here but remember that jockey wheels are the fastest spinning part of the bike. I have nothing to do with the above link just something I remember looking into once. The paper doesn't directly compare jockey wheel size but larger bend radius of chain and lower rotational velocity of the bearings will reduce friction.
    Thanks for that, I've bookmarked that one for when I've got a bit more time to concentrate on it but it looks interesting
  • Lucky dad, mine only got a card, maybe I'm a bad son
  • Nice, I like yellow bikes.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • looks gay
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Vesterberg wrote:
    looks gay

That a bit of the Kowalski syndrome coming out in you?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • ianho
    ianho Posts: 170
    Some new toys for my Doggy. Birthday presents from my wife. Clavicula cranks n Ciamillo Gravitas brakes. Will post up some pics of weight savings compared to the Rotor 3D crank.

Just weighed the bike with pedals, 2 bottle cages, Garmin, flashing LED lights n a rather heavy Shimano 105 cassette. Weight was 6.42kg. I think I'm pretty close to 6kg if I do a showroom weight without all that extra stuff

DSC_3386_zpshsyxzmuu.jpg

IMG_20140228_013609_zpsuejseqbx.jpg
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    S-Works Roubaix B2 Bomber
    Van Nicholas B17 Flying Fortress
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • ianho
    Yes! Mission accomplished. My Doggy is now sub 6kg. Put on the lightest wheels I have, the Reynolds 32 tubulars with Dura Ace cassette. Took off the bottle cages, lights, Garmin, pedals and the bike is now 5.98kg with aluminum bars n stem. Could easily go 5.8kg with a full carbon cockpit I guess.

IMG_20140301_012828_zps6ufzuvlx.jpg
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    ianho wrote:
    Yes! Mission accomplished. My Doggy is now sub 6kg. Put on the lightest wheels I have, the Reynolds 32 tubulars with Dura Ace cassette. Took off the bottle cages, lights, Garmin, pedals and the bike is now 5.98kg with aluminum bars n stem. Could easily go 5.8kg with a full carbon cockpit I guess.

Without riding essentials it doesn't count though does it really? You might as well take off the wheels and be sub 5 kg ;)

(Yes, I am just jealous)
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • ianho
    Well, that is just the way ppl weigh the bikes no? Coz bike weights r specced without pedals, cages, lights n whatever else u wanna hang on the bike. Plus everybody in forums uses different stuff so taking off all accessories gives us a better idea of the actual bike weight.

Arrrgh.....Photobucket is down n I can't post pics of the weight comparison between the Rotor 3D n Clavicula cranks. I am also starting up a new project called Captain America. A Lynskey built with mostly American parts except the Shimano Dura Ace Di2 n also an American color scheme. Been an exciting few days shopping for all the necessary parts. :)
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • As always Ian my hat is off to you. You are a legend.

Enjoy that dog!

I've got my son joining me on the road now so he is borrowing my humble Allez. Bikes are great aren't they :)
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • ianho
    I wish my daughters would ride with me. My 2nd daughter who is 16, goes running with me though. The 19 year old just wants to laze around....... Hopefully my 8 year old daughter will grow up to like cycling. Then she can ride with her old man. Hehe

If I had a son who rides, he would have a dream garage full of bikes to choose from. Haha. Oh well......I'll just enjoy them myself for now.
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Ever considered a 52 yr old son mate!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    ianho wrote:

Without riding essentials it doesn't count though does it really? You might as well take off the wheels and be sub 5 kg ;)

(Yes, I am just jealous)

How do we know what's attached... I think it's melons.
  • ianho wrote:
    I wish my daughters would ride with me. My 2nd daughter who is 16, goes running with me though. The 19 year old just wants to laze around....... Hopefully my 8 year old daughter will grow up to like cycling. Then she can ride with her old man. Hehe

If I had a son who rides, he would have a dream garage full of bikes to choose from. Haha. Oh well......I'll just enjoy them myself for now.

Just a bit of a dream garage lol.

Does your wife cycle Ian?

My wife and kids all ride mtb's with me. Now I'm getting my wife a road bike for our anniversary.
    She always liked last years Dolce Equipped colour scheme and I've just tracked one down in her size.
    Let's hope she doesn't read bike radar!

All the best to you and yours.
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • ianho
    I bought some bikes for my kids n wife but none of them ride. :(
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • ianho
    Here's the weight comparison between the Rotor 3D n Claviculas.

DSC_3391_zpsivuugzyx.jpg

DSC_3392_zpsv5bvzd8l.jpg

There was also a massive 20gm saving from the BBDSC_3393_zpswqq1cftw.jpg

DSC_3394_zpsbqbwsys8.jpg

Installing the Clavicula is a massive PITA coz all the Di2 wires have to be cleaned up n stuck into the seat tube. That alone took me 4 hours. The normal Di2 set up leaves some wires inside the BB area coz the Shimano crank is a lot smaller n there is also a plastic tube to prevent the crank shaft from rubbing the Di2 wires in the BB. Here's how the BB looks like after sticking all the wires up in the seat tube.

IMG_20140228_104230_zpsubhriyif.jpg

Sorry for the horrible pics. Taken at night with a mobile phone. I've since installed everything. I will take some proper pics of the bike in daylight soon.
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • ianho
    Went out to shop for stuff for Captain America and ended up getting some stuff for my Doggy too. I've never believed in a carbon cockpit hence all my bikes r on full aluminum cockpits. I can't stand it anymore and decided to go carbon for my Doggy as it is the only place left for some lighter parts. These 3T Ergonova LTD bars r incredibly light at an advertised weight of 180gm.

I'll swap in the 3T cockpit n also an S-Works Toupe saddle n see if I can take the Doggy down to 5.7 or 5.8kg.

IMG_20140306_160916_zpshkbickd6.jpg
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • domgears
    domgears Posts: 135
    ianho wrote:
    Went out to shop for stuff for Captain America and ended up getting some stuff for my Doggy too. I've never believed in a carbon cockpit hence all my bikes r on full aluminum cockpits. I can't stand it anymore and decided to go carbon for my Doggy as it is the only place left for some lighter parts. These 3T Ergonova LTD bars r incredibly light at an advertised weight of 180gm.

I'll swap in the 3T cockpit n also an S-Works Toupe saddle n see if I can take the Doggy down to 5.7 or 5.8kg.

IMG_20140306_160916_zpshkbickd6.jpg

I just got the same bars but went with the matching stem, I also just got the Stylus LTD seat post, I originally got the Ionic LTD but my Selle SMP Dynamic Carbon saddle won't fit it, so now I have the Ionic sitting, unused waiting to be sold on Togoparts.

If you're interested in the Ionic Ltd post, 27.2 diameter and 280 length and happen to be in Singapore any time soon then P.M. me and we can arrange something.
    (http://www.3tcycling.com/seatposts/ionic-0)

I haven't had a ride out on the new pieces yet, having some knee trouble right now, hopefully will clear up soon so I can get some rides in while the weather is good.
  • Looking forward to those pics even more now Ian.
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • ianho
    domgears, I prefer the 3T ARX Team stem coz I want -17 degrees on all my bikes. The ARX LTD doesn't come in -17 degrees. Anyway, I will be doing some simple mods to the stem. I'll use some reflective black tape over the red stripe for a stealthy look. When light shines on it, the black turns into a reflective silver just like the decals on Mavic wheels. I might also do a yellow stripe over the red. I'll give it a go n see which looks nicer. The white 3T logos will either be removed or covered by gloss black custom cut decals for a black on black look.

As for the seatpost, the 3T Ionic looks like a really lovely seatpost but my Dogma uses a proprietary aero seatpost. Thanks for the offer though.
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • domgears
    domgears Posts: 135
    Sounds like you have it all sorted Ian, 3T make lovely stuff, you should notice the difference in comfort over your Alu kit
  • ianho
    Due to the horrible haze conditions in Kuala Lumpur, no cycling. So it's time to tune up the bikes. Decided to put on the new 3T bars n stem today. Since I'm taking off everything and my back is feeling better after getting back on the bike for 6 weeks, it's time to slam the stem. I have a 1cm spacer under the stem from when I bought it last year. Time to chop it off.

DSC_3496_zpsllgnhp1s.jpg

Choppity chop chop. 1cm worth of very expensive Pinarello carbon fiber gone.

DSC_3498_zpsu0xmogdk.jpg
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • Did you retrieve that saw from a shipwreck?
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • ianho
    Haha. That trusty old saw has been in my family for 3 generations. Passed down from my grandpa to me. They dont make them like they used to. Still a very solid tool, just looks rusty.

Now that you mentioned it, I'll give it a good rub down with some WD-40 tomorrow. Must take good care of my family heirloom.
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • Good stuff Ian.

Only work on the bikes I've done recently was change the mount for the Garmin on my Tarmac!
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • ianho
    Sorry for the long delay. It was really hot and hazy in Kuala Lumpur, which is bad for pics. Then it changed to rain everyday. So I've decided to just take some pics inside the house.

Here's the lovely Clavicula cranks on the bike.

IMG_6420_zpsd1b8ecd7.jpg

Ciamillo Gravitas brakes.

IMG_6423_zps81671a0d.jpg

IMG_6419_zps4c4cce7e.jpg

New Syntace stem which is 12gm lighter than the 3T Team stem. I almost went for a Deda Superleggero which cost twice as much n is the same weight as this Syntace. Superb value for money.

IMG_6425_zps48264932.jpg

Bought a new straight seatpost to try my preferred forward position on the bike. The prototype Di2 climbing switch is for the new bike I'm about to build.

IMG_20140505_034528_zpspsyrpnp9.jpg

Full pic of the current set up. Bike is now only 5.7kg showroom weight without pedals n bottle cages.

IMG_6417_zpsecdfddaa.jpg
    Pinayellow Dogma 65.1
    Team Sky Dogma 65.1
    S-Works Venge F22 Raptor
    Lynskey Captain America
    Intense Tracer
  • theobrixton
    theobrixton Posts: 92
    Love it. In fact it's the only Dogma I've ever lusted over.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    What model wheels are those?
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    What model wheels are those?

They look like de-stickered C35s.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.