raspberry ketones?

2»

Comments

• LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    diy wrote:
    Diy that sounds great.

I do need to lose weight, im not massive but can see it going the wrong way, and need to stop and get rid of it.

IMO there is nothing more grim than being on a diet. Particularly if you like food. At least with the 5:2 you can look forward to whatever you fancy the next day.

Today is the day after the 2nd day fasting (I tend to do monday and thursday). I had scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast and burger and chips for lunch. I probably wont eat anything now until tomorrow as I am stuffed. But I'll be eating whatever I fancy over the weekend and back to veggie soup on monday. HR today 49-51bpm yesterday it was 35-38.

You're doing your body a load of good with all the nutrients in that meal!

I would suggest that if any of you are on this fad diet and training hard, then think about what you put in your bodies. Training hard takes a lot out of your body, you need to make sure you're putting in quality nutrients to help recovery and therefore train hard again the next day.

You might lose weight on this diet, but eating crap on your non-fast days isn't going to help make you a better cyclist.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Yes eating a healthy balanced diet is always preferable. Personally that would be a bit grim for me. I like the 5:2, because it allows some naughty food on eat days. Having said that, it does put you off eating junk as your body loses the ability to cope after being used to 5:2ing for a year. A big stodgy meal kills me after. Your energy levels just collapse.

I don't care about being a better cyclists - I'm too old now.
  • I want to be better at cycling and lighter. I am going to make a valiant effort to get up early have breakfast, make my lunch bought some trail mix to get me through the day.
  • rdent
    rdent Posts: 49
    diy wrote:
    Two ways to drop weight.

1. Eat less
    2. Exercise a lot more

2 doesn't really work that well - see 1.

Or, eat more of the right stuff.

Lowering carbs, upping fats and protein worked for me.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    rdent wrote:
    diy wrote:
    Two ways to drop weight.

1. Eat less
    2. Exercise a lot more

2 doesn't really work that well - see 1.

Or, eat more of the right stuff.

Lowering carbs, upping fats and protein worked for me.

Wise words
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    High protein, low carb diets have their own problems:
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/high-protein- ... rate-diets

If you are only making small changes, then I can't see how you will change how your body turns the cals to fat. At the end of the day if you want to drop weight, you have to reduce cals or increase the amount you burn.

Most people can shed 1500-2000 cals a week, but few overweight people will be ably to up their burn by that much a week,
  • So today iattempted my new regime. Probably quite normal to everyone else. However I took my own lunch to work which is a big change to me and portion control or choice of food is controlled. And I found myself less hungry. And I took some trail mix to snack on. Awesome stuff. And portion control for dinner waa great. Tbh although its not ground breaking, I actually feel better.