New gt force

2»

Comments

• bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Anyone remember the Sanction? They had a carbon version I think which looked like it could have been a light superb enduro machine... but I noticed a while back they didn't seem to make it anymore. They seem to be fazing out quite a few of their carbon lines!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    They're claiming it's because they can prototype aluminium faster, so they can test out small incremental modifications - they expect to have carbon versions again soon, I'm led to believe.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    They're claiming it's because they can prototype aluminium faster, so they can test out small incremental modifications - they expect to have carbon versions again soon, I'm led to believe.

That's certainly the case with their new downhill bike, I'm sure the same reasoning applies to their other bikes too.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I wouldn't expect the to announce upcoming carbon editions though, in case it hurts sales of the current aluminium ones.
  • Gibbo GTI
    Gibbo GTI Posts: 98
    Aren't they claiming the new ally bike is lighter than the previous carbon Fury? I'd happily buy the ally Force if it's similar in weight to my carbon Force.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • YeehaaMcgee
    The GT Force will almost certainly be lighter than the Carbon Fury was, since the Fury was (and is) a full on DH bike.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Think what he meant was, the new alu Fury is lighter than the old carbon Fury so maybe that'll extend down to other models. Which is a wee bit misleading tbh, the old carbon Fury was built to be indestructible and wasn't light at all so it's not that much of an achievement.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • YeehaaMcgee
    They also didn't use carbon for lightness on the Fury, it was there to be ultra rigid, at the same weight as the previous aluminium model
  • Well after all the reviews done by British magazines on the new GT Force Carbon, GT has announced it is not releasing that bike in the Uk. Instead we get the Force X which has a change to the spec and a horrendous colour scheme. Looks like I'll be looking for something else to buy now.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • YeehaaMcgee
    It's also 4 grand, for an SLX based bike.
  • Gibbo GTI wrote:
    Well after all the reviews done by British magazines on the new GT Force Carbon, GT has announced it is not releasing that bike in the Uk. Instead we get the Force X which has a change to the spec and a horrendous colour scheme. Looks like I'll be looking for something else to buy now.
    Where did you read that?

Our local bike shop is a GT dealer and went to a bike expo a week or so ago... got loads of pics of the alu force and he mentioned nothing about not stocking the full range!

Pinkbike have reported that the top of the range version is lighter than last years top range version but didnt quote weights..

I very much like these, tempted between this and the new Saracen Ariel!
  • The Northern Monkey
    The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
    edited August 2013
  • YeehaaMcgee
    It's mentioned here on Bikeradar somewhere.
  • Balls... was really considering one :(
  • Hmm still cant find that... the BR article just says expect new bikes in October?!
  • GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    First paragraph of the BR article says it all. Normal Force bikes won't be coming but we get the force X which has a more suitable build kit for the uk, if there is such a thing!!
  • Hmmm... I wonder if its the Sensor I've seen then!

Hadn't seen that article, what a kick in the nuts!
  • Hmmm... I wonder if its the Sensor I've seen then!

Hadn't seen that article, what a kick in the nuts!

Yep, I was going to replace my current Force with it but not now.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • gt5xcr
    gt5xcr Posts: 77
    Just sent email to gt to inform them of my disappointment that I won't be able to get the force pro.guess I 'll look at a different make of bike now.at this rate they won't sell many force x's.
    GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.