Your 'Cardinal Sin Score' (CSS)

2»

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Spacers - 5points
    Saddle bag - 40points (even though its tiny)

=45 points.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    mfin wrote:
    40 pts - Have a Saddle Bag
    70 pts - Ride Carbon clinchers
    60 pts - Shimano on an italian bike
    xx pts - Spacers under your stem (1 point per millimeter)
    60 pts - Pinarello owner since the Sky team came about
    25 pts - Wear a Team Jersey
    80 pts - Wear a Full Team Kit (pros excused)
    70 pts - Wear those 'instant plonker' Assos shades
    30 pts - Pump attached to a nice Carbon frame
    90 pts - Don't smile/say hi to other riders you pass
    50 pts - Are generally a d1ckhead (compulsory if you post a score, cos you are by doing so)
    90 pts - for not understanding any of the above
    xx pts TOTAL

Is this "per bike"? If yes, a typical number will be 60 for the bag and spacer count. But if we're talking cumulative.... aiiiiieeeyaaaaah. :oops:

I have a bunch of (colour coordinated) saddle bags pre-packed with spares to suit which wheels are in use on what bike.

The combined spacer stack height across all bikes is well into triple digits. Well, just wait till you are on the wrong side of 50, with a cr@p back, long legs and see if you can still ride with a slammed stem.

I tried on the Assos shades once. Hope that doesn't cost me a penalty.

I have Shimano, but only on a Danish bike, or an MTB. (I think there should also be a penalty for having SRAM on anything!) Can we have credits for putting Campag on non-Euro bikes???

Suppose I have to take the mandatory 50 points hit too. Thousands of people can't be wrong, can they? :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Not cumulative across all bikes, just best/only bike.

You don't reaaaaally have a bunch of saddle bags!!?!! :shock:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    mfin wrote:
    Not cumulative across all bikes, just best/only bike.

You don't reaaaaally have a bunch of saddle bags!!?!! :shock:

Well, yes. Black, red, grey, small, medium, clip-in Fizik, clip-in Prologo, and a few others.. The shame of the saddle bag is offset by the improved look of a jersey with minimal lumpy stuff in the pockets. And when you ride as slow as me, the only thing that counts is whether you look good or not because I'm sure as hell not going to win anything! 8)

Best bike = 20 pts for spacers. That's it, runs on tubs so bag count = 0! Add in DH tax and it's a respectable :?: :?: 70.

Suggest that we need an index for comparison. Divide points by age. I'm a 1.37.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Slowbike wrote:
    40 pts - Have a Saddle Bag
    2 pts - 2mm Spacers under your stem (1 point per millimeter)
    12 pts - Wear a Team Jersey (only sometimes - it was a cast off)
    30 pts - Pump attached to a nice Carbon frame

74 pts TOTAL

Go on - get rid of 'em. Those 2mm of spacers are destroying your aero.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Wear a full team kit (pros excluded).

Hmmm better tell all the club riders in their club kit they have 80 points then.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    MFIN.

Point of clarification. If I have more than one Italian bike completely and shamelessly decked out with Shimano and there is no one obvious "best bike" do I only count it once, or is it cumulative? Feel there is an element of double jeopardy given I can only ride one at a time...... Also does a Pinarello bought since Sky count as an Italian bike and if it happens to have Shimano do I have to aggregate that score ? So potentially 150 for the one bike (it has a very nice little carbon pump attached).

As you may have guessed I am scoring a bit on the high side........

Also given this is a clarification rather than a lack of understanding can I avoid the 90 pts for not understanding ?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    What to HED wheels with an aluminium brake track count as ?
    (Also, do I get a reduction as I only paid £400 for them with 500miles on them :D )
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • mfin
    Mccaria wrote:
    MFIN.

Point of clarification. If I have more than one Italian bike completely and shamelessly decked out with Shimano and there is no one obvious "best bike" do I only count it once, or is it cumulative? Feel there is an element of double jeopardy given I can only ride one at a time...... Also does a Pinarello bought since Sky count as an Italian bike and if it happens to have Shimano do I have to aggregate that score ? So potentially 150 for the one bike (it has a very nice little carbon pump attached).

As you may have guessed I am scoring a bit on the high side........

Also given this is a clarification rather than a lack of understanding can I avoid the 90 pts for not understanding ?

:) just pick a bike and score it with that one.

Yeah a Pinarello bought since Sky scores and then scores again if its decked out with Shimano.

Crumbs, you're gonna score high :shock:
  • mfin
    MattC59 wrote:
    What to HED wheels with an aluminium brake track count as ?
    (Also, do I get a reduction as I only paid £400 for them with 500miles on them :D )

Oooh I dunno, now I think you can half your points on that one.

Oh, hang on, are they clinchers. If so, full points!
  • mfin
    smidsy wrote:

Hmmm better tell all the club riders in their club kit they have 80 points then.

It meant Pro Team Kit, I've updated.
  • Mccaria
    OK, here we go.

Pinarello Dogma with full Shimano 7900, including Shimano C35 carbon clinchers with alu brake track (as per MFIN response to MattC59 above) a neat little pump attached to the water bottle cage and 10 mm of spacers = 230 pts
    Rapha trade team top 25 pts
    D1ckhead points 50 pts
    That's 305 pts without really trying and generally being nice and waving to people when out cycling.

Think I dodged a bullet because there could easily have been extra points for not only owning a Pinarello in the Sky era, but it is in Sky colours and has a compact chainset !!
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    mfin wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

What do you mean by full? Obviously more that just a jersey as that's already covered, but do you mean jersey, shorts, mitts, socks, helmet, bike...

Where does it end?
  • mfin
    mfin wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

What do you mean by full? Obviously more that just a jersey as that's already covered, but do you mean jersey, shorts, mitts, socks, helmet, bike...

Where does it end?

We'll call it shorts and jersey minimum.
  • mfin
    Mccaria wrote:
    OK, here we go.

Pinarello Dogma with full Shimano 7900, including Shimano C35 carbon clinchers with alu brake track (as per MFIN response to MattC59 above) a neat little pump attached to the water bottle cage and 10 mm of spacers = 230 pts
    Rapha trade team top 25 pts
    D1ckhead points 50 pts
    That's 305 pts without really trying and generally being nice and waving to people when out cycling.

Think I dodged a bullet because there could easily have been extra points for not only owning a Pinarello in the Sky era, but it is in Sky colours and has a compact chainset !!

Compact chainsets are allowed, some people live in really steep hilly areas or seek them out.
  • Mccaria
    Surrey ?!
  • greasedscotsman
    mfin wrote:

Excellent. Saved myself 80 points there, but think I might have gained another 90 for not understanding the scoring system. :cry:
  • mfin wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

Where does it end?
    Hmmm... I think you need a special higher scoring category for full-on Dressing Up. Saw a bloke last year in full Olympic Team GB kit*, and that's full as in shorts, jersey, aero shoe covers, aero glove thingies, cake-decoration blocked vent helmet, the lot (can't vouch for the bike other than it being black). Wouldn't do that myself, but I must admit it actually looked okay. However, that level of kit, where it goes beyond the obvious stuff and into the realms of accurate costume, definitely deserves it's own points category for the sheer effort involved.

* No, not the ones doing the whole bunch engine thing during the test event for RideLondon.
    Mangeur
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    mfin wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

Where does it end?
    Hmmm... I think you need a special higher scoring category for full-on Dressing Up. Saw a bloke last year in full Olympic Team GB kit*, and that's full as in shorts, jersey, aero shoe covers, aero glove thingies, cake-decoration blocked vent helmet, the lot (can't vouch for the bike other than it being black). Wouldn't do that myself, but I must admit it actually looked okay. However, that level of kit, where it goes beyond the obvious stuff and into the realms of accurate costume, definitely deserves it's own points category for the sheer effort involved.

* No, not the ones doing the whole bunch engine thing during the test event for RideLondon.

Soundk like you saw bradders practising for the olympics :lol:

full kit.. shoe covers.. black bike

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR69hpfHVVBAzep8ans1zhQkr9hvRuwOpUkD95XyQz-vJ2TpKv7
  • greasedscotsman
    Hmmm... I think you need a special higher scoring category for full-on Dressing Up.

You could just have points per item of team kit?

(I'm not doing myself any favours here, I like a bit of dressing up!)
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    70 pts = carbon Clinchers.
    50pts = dickhead participation.

Slammed stem on my Felt but I do have a compact.....but have a 11-23 on the back and would never, never attach a minipump to any part of my bike. that should be 1000pts and no parole IMHO. RECOGNIZE :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...