Halfords... and Carrera Vulcan....

Comments

• rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    cooldad wrote:
    I'm sure they put the same care into their jobs as you do into proofreading your posts.

^this

+potato

+1 x infinity....

why is it so hard for people to write in a simple coherent manner? :? ffs time to go back to school and learn english all over again..... i work with an engineer who has english as a second language and can write better than the supervisors who have it as their first.... :evil: grumpypants today
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    rgliniany wrote:
    Why is it so hard for people to write in a simple coherent manner? :? ffs Time to go back to school and learn English all over again..... I work with an engineer who has English as a second language and can write better than the supervisors who have it as their first.... :evil: grumpypants today
    Your shift button(s) appear(s) to be broken, so I've fixed that for you......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rgliniany
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

URL Pinkbike
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My local Halfords has three very good bike mechanics. This is unusual for Halfords. There are good branches and bad ones. Two of my local independant bike shops have useless bike mechanics, one of them wouldn't press a headset in to my Scalp because the frame "looks too expensive to bugger up" he obviously doesn't think he is much of a mechanic either!
    I have only bought one bike from Halfords, a Boardman Road Race, it came prefectly set up. Gears and brakes were spot on, I even got help setting up my bars etc to make it comfortable and they swapped the stem for a shorter one off a smaller bike for free.

YEAH because last time I went in Halfords the guy walked over looked at me blankly then tried to sell a women a mountain bike and failed hard. he came on 2 fast literally told her everything about the bike and how she look good it on. it was a middle aged women around late 40's what is she gonna do with a Carrera vengeance bike besides look stupid. :roll:
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Eh? Do you need male genitalia to ride an MTB well then?
  • Anonymous

from personal experience the less genitalia you have the better if you didn't have any arse or balls or anything there would be need for a saddle and a lot less reason for mine keep hitting me in the crotch! got better since I adjusted it a bit but still I never sit down much know ever.

its hard to describe. were talking quite a posh person here you know the sort who jus pop out to the local shop in the new land rover vogue for a pint of organic " orange" juice and it costs them around £10 and that's considered good value.

I didn't even see her try it for size or anything I was to busy laughing at this sales guy he was trying to tell her about the front suspension forks and she was jus looking scared. eventually after about 10 mins she walked off. and I continued to laugh and walk off also.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What a mong. And I'm not talking about the salesman.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029

from personal experience the less genitalia you have the better if you didn't have any ars* or balls or anything there would be need for a saddle and a lot less reason for mine keep hitting me in the crotch! got better since I adjusted it a bit but still I never sit down much know ever.

its hard to describe. were talking quite a posh person here you know the sort who jus pop out to the local shop in the new land rover vogue for a pint of organic " orange" juice and it costs them around £10 and that's considered good value.

I didn't even see her try it for size or anything I was to busy laughing at this sales guy he was trying to tell her about the front suspension forks and she was jus looking scared. eventually after about 10 mins she walked off. and I continued to laugh and walk off also.
    Do you understand the concept of sales?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Have you read his posts?

I'm not sure when he'll work out that just has a t in it, and is not infact a gravy.
  • Anonymous

from personal experience the less genitalia you have the better if you didn't have any ars* or balls or anything there would be need for a saddle and a lot less reason for mine keep hitting me in the crotch! got better since I adjusted it a bit but still I never sit down much know ever.

Do you understand the concept of sales?

I work in a shop so hopefully.

also no point wasting your time explaining something to someone who doesn't care
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    But Tesco doesn't require a salesperson to sell the value.
  • Anonymous

I guess so

LOL Halfords and value there's 2 words that don't belong in the same sentence.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Seeing as how a number of the bikes they sell are considered some of the best value for money buys, I would suggest you are talking bo!!ocks!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Seeing as how a number of the bikes they sell are considered some of the best value for money buys, I would suggest you are talking bo!!ocks!
    + a whole rugby team of wrinkled hairy ones.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kowalski675

I guess so

LOL Halfords and value there's 2 words that don't belong in the same sentence.

Really? Show me where else I could've got a bike that matched my Kraken for the £220 I paid for it... Not to mention their excellent range of Halfords Professional tools - find me a chest and cabinet that matches the quality of mine for the same price as this cracking deal, for example:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... ode=219140

Not to mention their regular cut price deals on engine oil etc...
  • Anonymous
    not to mention ebay and google shoping,amazon and various other cheaper places.

if you like Halfords that's gr8 .

im a not a fan personally
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    So which bikes? Decathlon maybe.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222

if you like Halfords that's gr8 .

im a not a fan personally

You should get to like them, in fact ever thought of working for them? You could get a job in a subject you enjoy, training on maintenance, discount.....
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Anonymous
    maintenance doesn't really intrest me its more of a distraction to keep my mind of other issues as such.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    My local Halfords in Southport 2 or 3 years ago was spectaculary crap no one seemed to have a clue or give a toss and that was the entire store not just the bike section, staff wandered around looking like zombie movie extras. Now you walk through the door and a bright snappy sales bod will ask if they can help and surprisingly they can and do. Recently I couldnt find a spark plug I needed, a staffer took pity on me and took me to the motorbike spark plug section and found the right one for me. Only problem I have now is everytime I go in the branch I end up by the shiny tool display cabinet and buy something from the Pro range. A spark plug or an inner tube usually ends up costing me £20 plus.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Kowalski675

Go on then. You've got the whole of the internet to go at - find me a bike comparable to my Kraken for £220 brand new or a better deal than that link in my previous post for a comparable tool chest and cabinet...
  • Anonymous

Go on then. You've got the whole of the internet to go at - find me a bike comparable to my Kraken for £220 brand new or a better deal than that link in my previous post for a comparable tool chest and cabinet...

what was your original kraken specs?
  • Kowalski675

what was your original kraken specs?

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... n-07-20130

You've got £220. Good luck. Don't forget the tool chest...
  • Anonymous
    you win
  • Kowalski675
    you win

Yup, that's why I bought them.
  • rgliniany
    you win

Yup, that's why I bought them.

and as your punishment for losing Andrew........ you must use proper grammar and spellings of words for the remainder of your time on the forum!!

URL Pinkbike
  • Anonymous
    that's probably not gonna happen tbh
  • Kowalski675

I too find the prospect somewhat less than likely...
  • Anonymous

sweet

spencer locke is hot! :D
  • rgliniany

Sweet

Spencer Locke is hot! :D

You nearly have it.... just remember your capitals at the start of sentences and for peoples names etc.....

URL Pinkbike