Tour de Suisse - Stage 5 *Spoiler*

2»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Conde mentioned Kristoff as a potential winner here. Ugly skinsuit he has on though.

Sky are 18th out of 21 teams in the team rankings.

Scarponi crashed again today.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Parcours reminds me of the Tour of California, GC stages at beginning and end and a load of dross in the middle.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I was at Leuggern for the finish yesterday evening, its not far from where I work. Whilst most of the route was pretty lame it did make for good viewing for the spectators in the final few kms. They went through the finish three times, with two loops around Leuggern. First time around the break away had about two and a half minutes on the peloton, next time they came through it was closer to one minute. They got caught and we had the sprint for the finish.

I love the anticipation as the motorbikes, commissaires' cars, police, etc. go past, the road clears, you hear the helicopter approaching, noise of the crowd drumming on the boarding increases, then the riders come into sight. To get that three times was a definite bonus for us spectating without a TV or internet feed.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Term1te wrote:
    I was at Leuggern for the finish yesterday evening, its not far from where I work. Whilst most of the route was pretty lame it did make for good viewing for the spectators in the final few kms. They went through the finish three times, with two loops around Leuggern. First time around the break away had about two and a half minutes on the peloton, next time they came through it was closer to one minute. They got caught and we had the sprint for the finish.

I love the anticipation as the motorbikes, commissaires' cars, police, etc. go past, the road clears, you hear the helicopter approaching, noise of the crowd drumming on the boarding increases, then the riders come into sight. To get that three times was a definite bonus for us spectating without a TV or internet feed.

Are they as fast in real life as they look on the tv?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    goonz wrote:
    Term1te wrote:

Are they as fast in real life as they look on the tv?

Faster