Tour de Suisse - Stage 5 *Spoiler*

DeadCalm
DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
edited June 2013 in Pro race
Devolder/Pauwels/Minard/Lemoine with 4 minutes on the peloton.

Visconti abandons. Not sure why.

Comments

• DeadCalm
    Courtesy of the official site and google translate:

After two falls Giovanni Visconti (ITA / MOV) was forced to surrender. The rider from the team of last year's TdS winner Rui Costa (POR) was transferred to more precise clarification of his injuries in the hospital swimming.
  • DeadCalm
    Gap is 2.20 after 67km.

Canondale and FDJ leading the peloton.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    any feeds ?

Please ?
  • DeadCalm
    dsoutar wrote:
    any feeds ?

Please ?
    Not expected to start broadcasting until 17:10 CET.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Blimey - it'll be dark by the time they finish !
  • DeadCalm
    There's a live ticker (in German) here:

http://www.tourdesuisse.ch/live/en/

There are also images of the race that refresh every 30 seconds. I've had worse video streams.
  • DeadCalm
    Gap is 1.46 with about 70km to go.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    The Lux feed from yesterday will work fine ... should be up by 1610 (uk time) ... http://sport.rtl.lu/cyclissem/iwwersiicht/

I'll post a english commentary link if i find one that works ...

EDIT: http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20130608/vv-5 ... 28807.html

So same as yesterday ... the Lux feed has a better picture and you don't need to navigate the pop-ups to get a picture ...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Live in HD here in Denmark. Luxury. This probably isn't the time to mention that I'm not really following this race though...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Crankbrother
    The english audio stream went dead after 5 mins so if anyone has an updated feed please share ...
  • Crankbrother
    LutherB wrote:

Cheers, I had found that ... 3 seconds behind the video i'm using but i'm only really half listening for now so all good ...
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Gap back up to around 2'20" now.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Gap now 2'38" to the main group and 45km to go. Similar to yesterday in terms of the stage favourites. The run in to the finish looks a little more straightforward for the sprinters - no sharp bends in the final km to contend with this time.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Who are the two riders who they keep cutting to at the back?
  • RonB
    Sprinters teams show a bit of urgency and suddenly the gap is down to 1'40" with 40km to go. Saxo's Michale Morkov has gone off the front of the peleton but it is a long way to the front group for a single rider to bridge.
  • DeadCalm
    Scarponi down again.
  • DeadCalm
    He's up and chasing back on.
  • RonB
    Crash in the peleton and Scarponi is down again with De Haes (Lotto) and Vacansoleil's Feillu. Hope all can rejoin.
  • RonB
    Riders just starting the final circuit which has the 2 x 4 cat climbs. If the front group are caught early on there could be an opportunity for some audacious attacks.

Live feed concentrating on Swiss real estate - no sign of those audacious attacks then!
  • RonB
    At last - race is on? Nico Roche at the front of the chase and the breakaway is over for the day. Tom Boonen close to the front.
  • RonB
    Team BMC at the front setting the pace with 18km to go. The last of the 4cat climbs comes in another 4/5 km.

Edit - Azanza rides off the front at the foot of the last climb of the day, but hasn't got much of an advantage.
  • RonB
    Everything back together with 10km to go. Can't see past a day for the sprint trains now as the pace is so high, being set between BMC and IAM.

Edit OGE coming to the front with 2km to go for Goss.
  • DeadCalm
    Kristoff from Sagan and Demare.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Kristoff - wow! Super strong sprint over Sagan

Kristoff's having a pretty good season, huh?
  • RonB
    Good show by Kristoff, Sagan could not go past him there. Not sure what happened to the OGE plan but Goss managed 6th at the end behind Haussler.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I thought this was supposed to be a race full of excitement where riders with panache ride off to solo glory free from the dominance of diesel trains? :lol:
  • DeadCalm
    Pross wrote:
    I thought this was supposed to be a race full of excitement where riders with panache ride off to solo glory free from the dominance of diesel trains? :lol:
    fisherman.jpg
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Pross wrote:

Lightweight. :wink:

Lousy parcour again this year.
    A couple of mid mountains straight off the bat, then nothing until the almost obligatory La Punt downhill finish on Friday.
    Fell asleep watching.
    Woke up to see Sagan getting schooled. I wonder if he's paying a bit for going so deep the other day?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Yeah, shame the route is pathetic. These riders are up for it.