GP4000S

2»

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Ran Conti 4 all winter (~4k miles), brilliant compared with my Gatorskin experience. They do seem prone to forming small holes in the sidewall. Have ordered the 4000s for what remains of summer, hopefully they are equally as good.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    GP4000s are the best clinchers hands down. The only tyre I'm happy riding through winter and would race on in the summer. I'll keep buying them till they don't make them any more! Got 1 p**cture all year though the most horrendous conditions we had over winter.

Had to replace the rear because the inner beading was showing and still hadn't punctured ;)
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    DavidJB wrote:
    GP4000s are the best clinchers hands down. The only tyre I'm happy riding through winter and would race on in the summer. I'll keep buying them till they don't make them any more! Got 1 p**cture all year though the most horrendous conditions we had over winter.

Had to replace the rear because the inner beading was showing and still hadn't punctured ;)

You've never used Vittoria open corsa Evo cx then
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Well i have and yes they are great tires but as an all round tire they dont hold a candle to a 4000S

UK roads will wreck a tire like a Vitt corsa - race tires only or those with deep pockets.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Bozman wrote:
    DavidJB wrote:

You've never used Vittoria open corsa Evo cx then

I have and chucked them after a short period!
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    First ride impressions are wow, real smooth, noticeably over the GP4s (admittedly they were fitted with a new bb/cog/chain/chainset).

Have added them to my components page on Strava, see how many miles they do before puncturing etc.
  • themogulman
    themogulman Posts: 167
    I am a big GP4000s fan. Ride 25s in the winter and 23s on my race bike when not using tubs.

I have had 1 p******e in 2 years and that was a big cut due to glass.

I rode the Dragon(grand fondo) on Sunday and was using my 23s that had had a fair amount of use but I felt that they had a few miles left in them. I had a moment coming down the Black mountain(35 miles in) and locked my back wheel up for a split second but carried on the rest of the ride across some pretty rough roads and high speed descents. All good and no problems(having come across and heard about some nasty crashes).

Cleaning the bike up on Monday and I found this on my rear tyre. It is of course not a faulty tyre as they had had some serious abuse. It just shows how durable/reliable they are even when pushed to the limits.