13»

Comments

• knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Martin?
    +0:42
  • knedlicky
    Good finish, pleased for Mollema, also glad to see Frank do well, Pinot seemed to sneak in at the end there.

GC
    1 Meyer (OGE)
    2 Hesjedal (GRS) +0:03
    3 Frank (BMC) +0:05
    4 Visconti (MOV) +0:12
    5 Pinot (FDJ) +0:16
    6 Kreuziger (TST) +0:28
    7 Moser (CAN) +0:34
    8 Mollema (BLA) +0:34
    9 Dyachenko (AST) +0:35
    10 Pozzovivo (ALM) +0:36

That's a very interesting top 10, on top of which Costa, Martin, Bajkovic, Ulissi, Scarponi, Kangert and Peraud, are all within +0:47,
    and Kelderman, Dombrowski, Tschopp, TVG, Bouet, Spilak, Lövkist and Monfort all within +1:18.

If he keeps on like this, Visconti might be put under the looking glass.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Dan Martin ‏@DanMartin86 23m

Bit surprised to end up on my own there but nearly worked out for hesj. Getting the climbing legs back. Allergies are rough tho #cantbreathe
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Almost a facial expresion from Hesj ;)

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2N3YmhqZi5qcGcUkAMUrAIAFgASAA&s=Z-NNWEm_0pnp4TbifjePTDw0cobpCBhoi-OK00vzpMM

@grahamwatson10
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    I enjoyed that. It was interesting to see racing without a dominant team controlling things. It all got a little bit out of control.

Mad but brave from Hesjedal. No idea what the plan was though. Not sure Dan Martin was particularly in the know either.

Dombrowski and Edmondson showing promise. JTL not so much.

Decent ride by Mollema. It'll be interesting to see how he continues.

Not looking so good from a PTP perspective for those of us who plumped for TJVG. Cadel's tour leadership. if it was ever in doubt, being strengthened by the day.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    mr_poll wrote:
    So, this isn't on ES either????

Asked Inner Ring if he knew why the UK has no coverage at all for the whole race. He said he has seen tweets stating that Sky bought the rights but for reasons known to them aren't broadcasting it.
    That is odd, bit of a shame really
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Paul 8v wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:
    So, this isn't on ES either????

Asked Inner Ring if he knew why the UK has no coverage at all for the whole race. He said he has seen tweets stating that Sky bought the rights but for reasons known to them aren't broadcasting it.
    That is odd, bit of a shame really

Didn't want anyone to see their 2nd speed team.

It's part of the Plan.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Just watched the host coverage.
    Crans Montana is a bit of a meh mountain, but, wonder of wonders, it was far more entertaining than the Dauphine.
    Mainly due to Garmin kicking off the attacks with Martin at 12 kms, joined out front by by Hesjedal at 11kms. The latter only being caught with 500 metres to go.

Jonathan Tiernan Locke? Lasted less than 3kms and left it to the Sky youngsters, Dombrovski and Josh Edmondson to save face.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited June 2013
    Good stage indeed. Hesjedal is soon becoming my favorite rider. Doesn't care one bit on theories about riders not being able to attack before 1 km before the finish line just because they are clean. A fantastic ryder! (you got it?.. ryder.. as in.. rider.. you know.. changed the 'y' with a... ok, you got it..)
  • knedlicky
    ThomThom wrote:
    Good stage indeed. Hesjedal is soon becoming my favorite rider. Doesn't care one bit on theories about riders not be able to attack before 1 km before the finish line just because they are clean. A fantastic ryder! (you got it?.. ryder.. as in.. rider.. you know.. changed the 'y' with a... ok, you got it..)
    Perhaps not yet my favourite rider, but agree.
    FF should like him.
  • DeadCalm
    knedlicky wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Good stage indeed. Hesjedal is soon becoming my favorite rider. Doesn't care one bit on theories about riders not be able to attack before 1 km before the finish line just because they are clean. A fantastic ryder! (you got it?.. ryder.. as in.. rider.. you know.. changed the 'y' with a... ok, you got it..)
    Perhaps not yet my favourite rider, but agree.
    FF should like him.
    Ryder is bonkers. In an excellent way.
  • knedlicky
    Mollema would be better off in the GC if he hadn’t been given a 20 sec penalty - applicable to the overall GC, not to the stage result - although I find this strange logic.
    This because he was judged to have been fed from the team car within the last 20 km, so against the rules.
    Maybe Frank was thus the 'real' stage winner.

I wonder what Mollema was given. Powerbars seem to have little discernible positive effect on me (compared to any other normal food at feeding stations), so I’d like to know what makes the difference.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    His first win in three years.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    knedlicky wrote:
    Mollema would be better off in the GC if he hadn’t been given a 20 sec penalty - applicable to the overall GC, not to the stage result - although I find this strange logic.
    This because he was judged to have been fed from the team car within the last 20 km, so against the rules.

I wonder what Mollema was given. Powerbars seem to have little discernible positive effect on me (compared to any other normal food at feeding stations), so I’d like to know what makes the difference.

Massively amateur mistake/move on the part of his team. Goodness knows, races have been won or lost on less than that time penalty.
  • Agreed with the point upthread re Visconti. Seems suspicious, which is a shame because I'm enjoying watching the rest of his team so far this year. Hope he doesn't let them down.
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • frenchfighter
    mollema_zps867744ff.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeadCalm
    knedlicky wrote:

It was merely water according to Inner Ring.

http://inrng.com/2013/06/tour-suisse-stage-3-preview/
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    TJVG - may have seen his hopes of "leading" the BMC team blow up on that stage...
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Surprised by that, considering he has a good sprint. But then, there are more like that - Kolobnev, Nico Roche, Peter Velits, etc. With ability to climb AND sprint you'd think they'd be raking in the wins
  • frenchfighter
    FJS wrote:
    Surprised by that, considering he has a good sprint. But then, there are more like that - Kolobnev, Nico Roche, Peter Velits, etc. With ability to climb AND sprint you'd think they'd be raking in the wins

I was surprised when I looked at him on CQ. His ranking for the last four years is 92, 23, 56, 32 (before then 1016, 367 but with roughly a third of the days raced). Those rankings are great and yet you hardly hear or see him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_mo53iq0ZbD1r7k1s1o1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest